Friday, January 16, 2009
Wii Are Fit
This weeks fitness challenge is to tweak our wardrobes. Buy something to make us feel better about ourselves. Wear different pajama's to bed. Buy a new top, maybe some cute new undies.

I was all for this challenge. I like to buy new clothes as you will remember from this post. However, I am plum out of money (after paying our 435.00 co pay for Zach's dental work yesterday, yikes!).

I could probably afford to still buy some new panties. Some of the ones I still wear are technically "maternity" panties.

My baby is 5 years old.

Yep. I think some new panties are in order.

I found these really cute panties. Victoria's Secret is having a sale on panties at 5/$25.00. That is cheaper than the similar ones I found at target that were $7.99 a pair. I think I may spurge a buy a few pair.

I have lost six pounds since I started eating healthier about 10 days ago. I am pretty happy with that. I know, from experience, that the first 10 pounds usually come off easier than the rest. But seeing as I am not following any specific diet and just trying to eat smaller portions and make better choices, I am really happy with that number.

I forgot to measure myself before I started the challenge so I'm going to try and do that in the next few days. It will be fun to watch the inches disappear.

I also started exercising this week. I have had fun with our Wii Fit. I have become a little addicted to it. My legs were so sore the first time I did the yoga and aerobics I almost died. Very fun though and you forget you are exercising.

The game weighs you and gives you your BMI (Body Mass Index). You don't want it to be over 20 to be healthy. Mine was 30 and in the spirit of keepin it real here is the picture of the lady (who is suppose to be me) telling me I am obese.

Ouch!

Not very nice but it is a good way to get motivated. Nothing like pure humiliation to get a person moving.

Here are some pictures of me doing aerobics.



These pictures are definitely not of my best side

I can't believe I'm showing you these pictures of me exercising in my old ratty pajama's.

Perhaps I should add a few jammies to the pantie order I'm going to make later today.


If I'm going to make a fool of myself in front of the whole bloggy word I should at least be wearing some new cute pj's next time. Don't you agree?

Labels:


  posted at 12:00 AM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 5:51 AM, Blogger jolincountry said...

Congrats on the 6 lbs! That's wonderful!
I don't think your pjs look bad.. but I say splurge and buy some new pjs for the new you.
We have a wii and my doctor told me to get a wii fit to lose weight. My husband doesn't want to spend the money. ugh. Some day..

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger karly said...

6 pounds, way to go, Julie! And, that Wii fit looks really fun! (Nevermind having the girl tell you your BMI! How rude!) :)

Good for you to go panty shopping! I would say it's time! :)

Happy Friday, Julie! Looking forward to checking in with you next week!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Carrie Thompson said...

Awesome on the weight loss. Ignore the BMI thing! keep on with your excercising!

new panties are definitely in order if you have the money! Yeah!

I love fitness friday!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so glad to see you exercising in your pajamas...I do the same thing!! My husband said I should buy some cute workout clothes but I told him that I hate to make extra laundry. The pajamas already need to be washed, so I might as well make them sweaty too!

Great job on the 6# loss. I'm not doing very well. Maybe I should invest in a Wii fit.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

WTG on the weight loss! I'm on day 5 of eating healthy and have lost 3.2 lbs already. Here's to a new us!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Jill said...

So you really like the Wii huh? I've got SO many exercise videos, etc that I just can't get into but I've wondered about the Wii. maybe I'll check it out. Congrats on the 6 pounds! It's awesome when you can lose weight without denying yourself food.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

Congratulations on the 6 pound weight loss!

The pj's aren't that bad, really.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Johanna said...

I've thought the Wii looks like a fun way to exercise, but it is just so expensive! If my kids were older, I might be able to justify it, but the 5 yr., 3 yr., and 2 mo. old boys won't really get too much use out of it!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Oh I just love it when people are real! Those make great work-out clothes and you look much better than the little Mii telling you that you are obese! Congrats for not throwing something at her. :)

Not that I would have done that.

And wow! What a difference. Also, don't worry about the panties. I have a friend who just bought new bras and her oldest is 9--he was newborn the last time she bought new bras!!!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Searching for my Sanity or Jen...whichever you prefer... said...

You go girl! congrats on the 6 pounds! I am "eating healthier" the same way you are. My mom brought up a good point the first three letters in the word "diet" are "die" lol. so I am cooking a little healthier and eating smaller portions too. I have not got a wii yet but I did just get a leslie sansone walk at home dvd that gets 3 miles in while walking at home inside where it is warm. :) lol anyway good luck and you are not alone in working out in your jammies. ;)

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Raquel said...

congrats on the weight loss that is awesome! we have wii fit i need to get back in to using it more

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Wow. 6 lbs. That's great! My challenge has been delayed due to the sickeness in the house. I'm starting fresh on Monday, and cleaning and disinfecting today. Maybe :)

And yes, new jammies are always in order. In fact, they are my favorite "treat" to myself. Wish I had known about the VS sale - I was just at the mall last night. Had to get a winter coat for our 11 degree wind chills :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: