Tuesday, January 13, 2009
3 Months
Today marks 3 months waiting for our referral.

Three months waiting to see the faces of our new child or children.

If you add together the time we spent looking at agencies, and paper chasing we are now entering our 17 month on this journey.

At times I grow weary of the wait.

Our agency was closed for the holidays and reopened the first week of January. Since then there have been NO referral's.

I am sure they are working hard in the office and things are happening but it is really hard when you are just sitting around waiting.

There were 15 referrals last month. Our agency has said they expect to double the amount of referrals given out this year. I can drive myself crazy doing the numbers.

I called today and was told we are number 71 on the entire list. The list of everybody waiting for a referral. This doesn't really tell us much. Our request is pretty broad (0-4 years). So, if the person who is #70 is asking for a child 0-12 months and our agency receives a 3 year old we would obviously jump over the people at #70. I really want to know how many people we could potentially jump over. It seems like that is information I can not receive.

I feel a little frustrated about that.

I keep praying that we will get a referral by April. I am so afraid of getting one later than that and then getting stuck in the court closure in August.

Waiting all summer until October for a court date would be awful! I know others have done it but I am praying hard this will not happen to our family.

OK, now I have whined enough. Thanks for listening.


Lord, when my soul is weary and my heart is tired and sore, and I have that
failing feeling that I can't take it any more; then let me know the freshening
found in simple, childlike prayer, when the kneeling soul knows surely that a
listening Lord is there.
Ruth Bell Graham

Labels:


  posted at 12:00 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 4:56 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I can totally understand your want to quantify your chances of getting a referral. I can't believe it has been 17 months! That is a hugely long time!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I know the wait is long. I remember being so obsessed...checking my email every 5-10 minutes...I don't even know why, probably because it felt like I was doing something instead of absolutely nothing.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Luanne said...

That is so exciting yet exhausting all at the same time. It sounds like a pregnancy that never seems to end! I would love to adopt a child....

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I know the wait is so tough...my heart goes out to you. Here's praying that you have your referral soon since you are very open in your request.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Hang in there kiddo! It IS a long wait - for referrals, for approvals, for travel dates, all of it. It's the classic "hurry up to wait!" scenario, isn't it?! All that mad rushing to do the paperwork and start the process, only to wait and then wait some more.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there. I know that wait is sooo long. In the end for us, we ended up accepting the referral for one child last year and bringing her home last March. We are a family with 5 biological kids too. We will be praying for your wait to be nearly over. Glad to have found your blog.
God bless you,
Kristin
www.irishopian.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: