Thursday, January 15, 2009
Yesterday we spent the morning at the Aquarium with our home school group. Paige thought it was the best thing ever.

We hung out with friends and saw some really pretty fish life.



It was nice to leave the books at home for the day and get outside for some hands on fun

This 12 year old had a good time.


Paige really liked watching the divers clean the tank.


When they lifted up the rocks to clean under them one of the kids said "Wow, mom, that's disgusting. There is more gross stuff under their than there is under the couch cushions when you make us vacuum them."

Thank You so much children for sharing that with the world.


This morning we are off to the Oral Surgeon for Zach to get his wisdom teeth removed.


Hubby says when he had his wisdom teeth removed he played baseball that night. I have been told Zach has to miss four days of school and he can have minimal activity for the first week.

Also, soft foods only for one week.

Do you guys remember all these rules?

I remember feeling fine within 24 hours.

Zach, however, is going to take full advantage of the situation. No chores for him for a few days he says.

I think we will just have to see about that.

  posted at 12:00 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Raquel said...

where is this awesome aquarium? next year when i homeschool i want to do a ocean theme so i am trying to gather up some info down south instead of having to drive to monterey (which btw the aquarium is great)

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

LOL at the couch cushions comment!

My kids always love the aquarium building at the zoo. Personally I don't think fish are all that interesting (except for the few brightly colored ones), but they do!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I threw up the whole first day and couldn't eat solid foods for nearly two weeks. I think it just depends on the persona and how the surgery went.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Stephanie,

You made me feel guilty. He is doing fine but very swollen. I guess I won't make him do chores for a couple of days. lol. I'm really not a mean mom.

Raquel, we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. It is nice but not as nice as Monterey.

Hi Melanie, I bet you laughed because you find interesting things in your couch too, right? Aww, the life with kids, it is never dull.

Have a great day ladies,
Julie

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I had one wisdom tooth pulled...not too bad, I was back to normal within a day or so. The other three I had surgically removed. Bad, bad, long recovery. I feel for Zach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: