Friday, January 02, 2009
Late Night Dating
Last night hubby put Paige into bed around 9:00 p.m.. All of the other kids, except Tyler, had already passed out in their beds.

New Years Eve did not end until I ordered everyone to GO TO BED. That was at 5:00 a.m.. (on January 1!) I kept trying to fall asleep but all I could hear was the sound of screaming teenagers (they said they were trying to be quite) playing some sports game on the x-box.

I remember I used to be able to stay up all night.

Now it makes me sick to my stomach. It really is hell getting older.

Anyway, back to my original story.

With all the kids sound asleep by 9:00 p.m. and Tyler (who got a nap) not feeling like he needed to go to bed, hubby and I snuck out of the house for a date at Barnes and Noble.

We searched through all the sale items and they had all their classic books buy 2 get one free.

IT. WAS. FABULOUS.

I love dates like that. We had Starbucks and read through books without any one asking us when we would be leaving.

Pretty close to heaven if I do say so myself.

They stayed open until 11:00 p.m. and I spent way to much money on Christmas books from the 50% off table.

I simply could not resist.

What kind of fun did you have this first day of 2009?

Labels: ,


  posted at 12:49 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 6:50 AM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

How fun! I was just telling The Boss that I really need a date night. It's been hard to come by, as Li'l Empress is not ready for anyone but us to put her down for a nap or bed. And Shaggy doesn't feel ready to babysit a mobile, pooping baby yet. Diapers scare him :)

I had to laugh about your comment about getting older: I was in bed on NYE by 11:20 - I could. not. make it any longer. I woke around 9 a.m. on NY Day and felt so sick. Congested, achy, etc.

So we had a low key, movie and Wii day here. All 7 of us together all day. Just my kind of day :)

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

That is awesome! I know just what you mean. Life revolves around our teens here.
We love sneaking off for a bite to eat or to browse a store.
We can't get over how free we feel. After years of always hauling 3 youngins around....it's bliss!

Glad you had a cool date. Don't forget to make it happen often.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, Barnes and Noble...what a heavenly date. I do not need anymore books though...no, no, no!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Katherine@Raising Five said...

This is our favorite date - or WAS, until we moved to the boonies. I don't even know where the closest one is - probably in our old city - thirty miles away! But totally worth it, especially if it includes sipping on a latte while we browse...

Happy New Year, Julie. So glad to mark another year together here in blogland!

Love,
Katherine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: