Thursday, January 08, 2009
Digging Out
Does anyone else feel like it is taking them FOREVER to dig out from the holiday mess and get their houses back in order?

Our play room is a disaster with all the new "stuff" and I just haven't felt like going in there and tackling it. The dirty laundry is piled up (I'm up right now at 2:00 a.m. doing laundry so the high schoolers will have clean clothes for school today), bills need to be paid and we need to get back on our school schedule.

Hubby is home for another week which makes it a little hard. We want to play, not work. He had extra vacation at the end of the year which he needed to take so hence the extra week off. He has been home for 3 weeks now and we haven't killed each other yet. I guess that bodes well for our retirement years.

My heart has been heavy this past weeks regarding the atmosphere at the school our teenager's go to. Without going into a lot of detail I will tell you that we have decided none of our other children will go to this school. To be honest, I have been agonizing over a way to get my two boys out of there.

I have said before that I really wanted them to go to the Christian High School about 30 minutes from our home. However, with adoption expenses this year that seemed way beyond our means. This problem has been heavy on my heart for months and I have spent much time in prayer over it.

Things came to a head in the last few months when one of the boys coach's was suspended for changing players grades, letting the boys chew tobacco, and possible knowledge of steroid use just to name a few things. My son had to go into a private meeting (I was allowed to sit in) with the school district and answer questions about these charges. He was not involved in any of it but was asked about his knowledge. Not a very comfortable situation for a kid that doesn't want to lie but also doesn't want to get his friends or coach in trouble. There were a lot of yes/no answers.

For what ever reason, even though some of the accusations turned out to be true, the coach was reinstated and life is going on as normal. I don't really understand why he is still the coach, however, we all know how hard it is to fire a teacher. My sister-in-law, who is a teacher, told me that it has gotten so bad that if a teacher is accused of molesting a child he "may" get fired. Depends on all the circumstances. Huh? Really, what has this world come to?

Anyway, this past week I have really been convicted to get our youngest out of that school. The other high school has an Independent Study Program where you can home school them half the time, they attend classes half the time, and they can participate in all sports, clubs, etc. on campus. This sounded great, and is quite a bit cheaper than enrolling them full time.

However, upon further inspection, the schedule would really not work for our family this year. Next year it would be fine. The only real option was to put him in full time for the second semester if we wanted to move him this year.

I am all for that. So is hubby.

The only problem is we don't have $4,000.00 laying around to pay for it.

The only money we have has been set aside for the adoption.

So, I have been fretting and praying. We are sure God wants us to move him, just not sure how to do it.

Yesterday in my quite time I read this verse;

"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry
about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Mathew
6:34


If I really believe God wants us to move him, don't I also believe he will provide the way?

We have decided to have faith. We know God is a lot bigger than a mere $4,000.00.

We will take money from our adoption fund to pay for it and trust that when we need it again God will provide for us.

My heart has lost it's heaviness now. I'm feeling so much better.

We would love to move oldest as well but he is almost done with High School so we will let him finish where he is at. There are other reasons he needs to stay put for a while but I don't want to invade his privacy by sharing that here.

Besides, one son who doesn't like me very much right now is enough. He isn't quite as happy about the change as his dad and I are.

Oh well, it isn't our job to make our kids happy all the time. It is much more important to do what we feel God leading us to do.

Sometimes being a parent is so very very hard.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 2:41 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 5:11 AM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Wow. This is a tough time for you guys - hang in there and trust the Lord to keep speaking. You know He always does! I'll be prayin' for you.

We're having a really rough first week back to "routine" and thus far have not had much real routine at all. It's been a rough couple days. You aren't alone!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

And can you believe that not too long ago you were satisfied with your kids' schools? It's hard once you raise the bar, isn't it?

But God hears your heart and He has a plan for your children!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, what a predicament! I hope you find answers soon. Maybe you can homeschool some of your kids for high school and save $$. It's worked well for us, but I know it's not what every parent/child wants.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

To your initial question in your post, YES, I am having tons of trouble organizing!

I'm so sorry for this complicated situation! You are right about God being bigger than any $$ amount!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: