Saturday, December 27, 2008
Our Annual Day After Shopping
Most years my sister-in law Cheryl and I go shopping the day after Christmas. Clothes shopping to be exact. This girl really likes to shop and she has a great eye.

I do not. I am not a good shopper and prefer hanging out in jeans and a t-shirt. However, I like going with Cheryl because it is like having your own personal shopper.

We only shop the sale section and yesterday we found some great bargains.

My sister and brother in law joined us (he likes to shop more than my sister does!) and we had so much fun.

We like to go to Chico's. This store is a little pricey but if you shop the sales you can get great quality items at a really reasonable price.

Yesterday I did great and only spent $21.50 (actually $61.50 but I had a gift certificate for $40.00)

My sister had never been to Chico's and quickly feel in love with this store. She spent much more than I did.

Michael Phelps mom shops at this store and all during the Olympics I kept saying "I think I saw that outfit at Chico's". Turns out that's one of the only places she shops.

I was feeling very proud of myself for showing such self control and not going hog wild and spending lots of money on myself.

Until this afternoon.

Cheryl and I had to run an errand into another town. Turns out we passed another Chico's on the way and just had to run in and check out their sales rack.

I bought this. Cheryl bought this cute vest. I bought a jacket similar to this one (only mine is prettier) with a new pair of pants and turtle neck to go with it. I also bought two tops to wear with jeans.

All the items were 50% off the price they are showing on the website. I paid $35.00 for my long coat, it was originally $185.00.

I'm not going to tell you how much I spent total (umm, my husband reads this blog ladies) but I will tell you I paid a minimum of 70% off the original price of each item.

If you are looking for some good quality clothes that will last you a while. Go check out this store or shop online.

Do you want to know what my favorite part of shopping at this store is?

I wear a size 2 or 3 in their clothes.

No, I have not lost weight. The people at Chico's are just really smart and they know a girl would much rather wear a 2 or 3 instead of, well, a number that is double digits.

I'm just sayin.

Labels:


  posted at 5:52 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Love it!! Can't beat those bargains!!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

Way to go! I love getting bargains like that. What is it about us girls and our bargains?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I want to shop there. I don't think I've ever worn a size 2 or 3...well maybe when I was two or three years old!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Workship said...

Sounds like a blast!! I'd love to shop somewhere where I wore that size!! :-) Too fun. Sounds like a great tradition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: