Sunday, January 11, 2009
The Only Reason I Would Want My Husband To Be President
Yesterday while I was waiting for Tyler to get out of his testing appointment I picked up the most recent People magazine and read an interview with Laura Bush.

I really like Laura Bush. She always seemed very down to earth and someone I would enjoy chatting with over a warm cup of coffee.

Anyway, at one point in the article she talks about how the press has "gotten" her wrong and has liked to portray her as a cookie baking house wife. She goes on to talk about the work she has done on behalf of women's rights all over the world.

Here, however, is the sentence that really got me.

She says that not only does she not bake cookies but that she hasn't cooked a meal in 14 years.

14 Years people?!!!

Oh how heavenly.

I actually like to cook but wouldn't it be wonderful to have the choice.

Or just have someone there to clean up after you had messed up the kitchen cooking?

I just can't imagine.

14 years.

Wow.

*****************************************************************************
Here is how I split myself into three people yesterday.

1. Garrett ended up spending the night with friends and they took him and his friend to the clinic. Thanks so much Jim and Kathy, you are awesome!!!

2. Zach drove himself to his clinic. I really didn't want him to do this as he has only had his license for 3 months and only driven on the crazy California freeways a couple of times. He did fine. I of course had to lecture him on everything I thought he needed to know about safely driving on the freeway. He, of course, just rolled his eyes at me. He was fine.

3. I took Tyler to his testing and slept in the car for an hour and then read the aforementioned people magazine until he was done.

Thanks for your suggestions on my predicament. Some of them really cracked me up and just made my day.

Labels: ,


  posted at 12:00 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 10:41 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I never thought about not cooking being part of being a wife of a political figure.

I can't even imagine that!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Fourteen years???? Oh, I guess b/c of the governor thing before the presidency? Wow.

Having a personal chef would be fairly awesome!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Kathyb1960 said...

Laura Bush is so sweet, and a really neat lady. I don't know her that well, but I live in Texas, so have known them for MANY years. He was our Gov for at least 4 years. I can't remember exactly how long. And guess where they are flying to when they leave the White House on Jan. 20th? We have some good friends who are good friends of theirs, and I may see if I can tag along.

When Bush went into office in Jan. 2001, he came here on his way to DC. So, I guess they figure it should be the first place he comes to once he's out of office.

He'll be here in time to interrupt 5:00 traffic.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Virginia Revoir said...

I really admire Laura Bush too! She basically had to sacrifice her time with her husband through this presidency. They did an amazing job and I love them for it.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow is right. I would love to not have to think about, plan, or cook...ever...unless I wanted to...for fun...which might be, uh, NEVER!

Great job figuring out your dilemma Wonder Mom, or Super Mom. Both names suit you fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: