Friday, January 09, 2009
Fitness Friday
What Tyler said to Samantha yesterday.

"I haven't really liked dinner this week. It's been strange."

Samantha's response.

"Well, mom says she is tired of being fat and we are going to start eating healthy. You better get used to it."

Thank you so much darling daughter.

Yes, I am tired of being fat. I am determined that 2009 will be the year I get my act together in this area.

So, today I am participating in Brenda's fitness Friday to help keep me motivated.

The "strange" food my child was talking about has been baked salmon with rice and yummy green beans stir fried in soy sauce and sesame oil (they are sooo yummy, and very few points if you are a weight watcher person), grilled vegetables wrapped in a whole wheat flour tortilla with carne asada and salsa, chicken stuffed ravioli with spring mix salad and light vinaigrette, just to name a few.

Very little fat but lots of yummy.

I'm the mean mom now. No longer acting as the short order cook making different meals for those who don't like what is being served. When I heard a few complaints I put a box of cereal in front of the whining child and walked away.

I. WILL. NOT. BE. CHUBBY. ANY. MORE.

I want to have more energy and feel like myself again.

I want to lose 48 pounds in 2009.

Four pounds a month. Totally doable.

That brings me back to Brenda's Fitness challenge. Her challenge this week is to write about...
Things that Make You Feel Good

Well, this week I felt good when I said no to the Chocolate Chip cookies my girls had just made.

I felt good that I have read my Bible every morning this week and started my day off on the right foot.

I feel good that I have a husband that still loves me after 23 years of marriage. We still smile at each other.

I feel good that I am making my kids help more around the house even though they shoot me dirty looks from behind my back.

I feel good that I made healthy meals this week even when I knew not everyone in my family would be happy about it.

I feel good when I take a little time to take care of myself, so I will have more energy to take care and nurture others.

I felt good when I got on the scale this morning and saw that it had moved down a few numbers.

I guess I just feel good about everything. I am a pretty blessed lady.

Labels:


  posted at 12:00 AM  
  16 comments



16 Comments:
At 4:44 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I think that is an excellent approach to serve cereal to those who do not want the main meal.

I think the things you served sound yummy too!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Mom! What do you mean serving them strange foods?? VEGETABLES? Are you serious??? :)

They'll get used to it. Those families on Honey We're Killing The Kids always did. :)

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Plate spinner said...

I love your blog layout. The strange food comment made me laugh. Sounds like what I would've said to my mom. Hang in there they will adjust.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

Okay, first up:

Were you really playing short order cook? Wow! I don't know how you managed to do that and keep your sanity in the kitchen.

Brenda already asked my question about vegetables being strange foods. Funny!

They will adjust. My family has, though I've always tried to serve some type of green vegetables with dinner every night. It's cutting out most of the other junk that is proving more of a challenge.

Welcome to Fitness Friday. I'm sure you are going to do well.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger karly said...

Well, I can be sure if I came to your house for dinner that I would appreciate it! It sounds so YUMMY!

Welcome to Fitness Friday! You will love it here! :) These ladies are fantastic!

And your goals? Way to go! They are way doable and I look forward to seeing your progress this year!!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger missy said...

Well, good for you!! So far, my diet is still in the 'theory' stages but I have high hopes that it will soon become a reality. Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Carrie Thompson said...

that is awesome! Great post. I really love all the things that make you feel good! and I am mean mommy for 2009 also, no more short order cook! I love that I am not the only mom who is like than eat cereal!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

So are you doing Weight Watchers? I am and will have to remember your green bean idea.

I started last April and my goal was to be down to my ideal weight by the end of this April. I need to get moving though...I had four months of no progress! (I still have 25 to go, so I may be pushing it a little...maybe I'll have to push my goal date out a little further.)

I hope you keep up on your Fitness Friday posts...it'll help me stay on track!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Johanna said...

Welcome to fitness Friday!! Kids adjust to new food pretty quickly in my experience, if you stick to it and don't give in to the protests. In fact, yesterday on of my sons said, "Mmmm, radishes!! I LOVE radishes!" LOL, how many 5 year olds LOVE radishes? Mine does now!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Laura Lee said...

We LOVE sesame-soy green beans!!! My plate gets its own dollop of chili paste to take them to a whole 'nother level. ;-D

Welcome. I cannot wait to read more. Next time serve brown rice!!! The first time I did, my kids thought I forgot to cook it. ;-)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Luanne said...

Welcome Julie!! I think we have so much alike in our lives. I too have 5 children and want to lose around the same amount of weight as you and I read a little deeper into your blog and profile and you get the honor of being added to my blog roll!

I loved your feel good list :) I could relate to every single thing on it! I have a goal to read my bible on a daily basis as well. You have inspired me :) Have a great week! Congratulations on your weight loss this week!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger holly said...

you should join amy's challenge. Email me and I will give you her link....great prize too!!

Ha! my security word was myokeess...and I am an okie...woot!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger JulieMom said...

Well you are a lot nicer than me. When my kids complain about a food, they get one opportunity to change their attitude, then they receive another helping of "grossness".

Serving cereal is way more merciful.

Welcome to Fitness Friday! (I've read and commented here before, so it's nice to see you joining in!)

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Selah said...

Way to go-- I am happy you are off to such a great start... hang in there. It is motivating to us all:)(

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Welcome to Fitness Friday! Awesome job standing firm with the healthy meals!! I have to say, the food sounded pretty delicious in my book :-).

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Raquel said...

i am doing WW too (well if that is what you are doing?) any way i am on day 5 now my goal is to just stick to it for 12 weeks i hope i can do it! great job on the cooking, my kids are kind of in shock with all the fresh food right now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: