Monday, January 12, 2009
Here Is The Help Us Weary Mom's Need
At times I feel overwhelmed by the demands of motherhood.

Some days I feel like "Mom!" is a bad word.

Especially when you are trying to have a moment alone, say, in the bathroom and some child, from teen to little, is calling you repeatedly to find their socks that you just put away in their drawer not five minutes before.

Look for socks in your sock drawer? What a novel concept.

Anyway, I was reading my Bible this morning and came across this verse.

Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my
yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Mathew 11:28-30





I was reading a commentary by Diane Head and this is what she says about this verse.

"If ever anyone needed rest, its today's mother. And I have great news. There is rest for us-a rest more rejuvenating than a long and leisurely nap, and more soothing to frayed nerves than a Brahms concert. This rest reaches into the depths of our souls and claims us from within."

Hey, I want that! What about you?

There is nothing better than rest for the soul. Our emotional, physical and spiritual health are all connected to it. The only way to receive this rest is to sit at Christ's feet and hear his word. We need to take some time out of our busy mommy schedules to learn more about who He is and what he is like.

So, the next time one of the kids is yelling at me during my quiet time I'm going to yell back "Leave me alone, I am refreshing my soul."

I can hardly wait!

Labels:


  posted at 12:00 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 6:56 AM, Blogger jolincountry said...

What a great post!
And right on time too!
Thank you :)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Virginia Revoir said...

You are so right! Thank you for reminding me.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I get a little sidetracked from time to time. There has to be time for us too. Thanks for the reminder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: