Saturday, January 17, 2009
In A Funk
It's late Friday night and I am waiting for Samantha to get home from the drive in movies. She went with another family and was soooo excited to have her first drive in movie experience.

When ever I want to go the kids look at me like I am some kind of backwards freak. However, it seems, when you are invited by another family it is fun.

Go figure.

My boys are all playing video games, Dave's watching old baseball games (I'm sorry, I guess they are called "classic") on cable and Paige is hanging out with the dogs.

She's trying to get them to dance with her, but she's not having any luck.

You would think since she got all dressed up in her flapper costume someone would take her for a spin around the house.

She gave up. Her family is being a bunch of party poopers tonight.


Did you know that there is now a channel devoted to baseball 24 hours a day? Yeah, me neither. Seems it just started in our part of the woods.

Baseball all day every day.

Really I have no words to express my excitement over this new phenomenon.

Really.

This evening is full of excitement.

I'm in a funk tonight.

Normally I would be ordering the family to all get together in the living room for a movie night or to play a game.

Tonight I am just leaving everyone alone to do their own thing.

Do you ever have days where you feel so mentally exhausted you just want to crawl under the covers and never come out?

I do.

I'm having one of them today.

To much stress, to much drama, to much of everything.

Uggh.

I'm taking comfort in the fact that tomorrow is a brand new day.

Have a good one my friends.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 12:00 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Paige looks adorable! Baseball 24/7? Yuck!

And, I'm right there with ya. Bedtime sometimes can't come soon enough!!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger missy said...

I have those days, that's for sure!

How cute was she in her flapper outfit?!?

And I LOVE drive-in movies!! We go at least once every summer, usually two or three times even. Get a pizza and a TON of snacks...good times.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Kathyb1960 said...

I KNOW there is MLB all the time, and I am sooo excited. But I am mad because our cable system stinks and they won't carry it.

I think Paige looks darling!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Some nights are like that.

Even in Australia.

(Quick! Name that book!!!!)

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Your house is pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: