Tuesday, December 30, 2008
The Dreams
My nights have been filled with dreams again. Dreams of dark skinned children running towards me. For some reason they never seem to be able to make it all the way, we are reaching for each other but never touch.

Today my heart is aching for children I do not know. How can I feel such love for someone I have never met? I don't understand. There is a very real ache in my heart. I want to go and get my children.

Perhaps this is God's way of preparing my heart for our new children.

I really don't know and I don't pretend to understand these dreams.

I do feel peace. Peace that when we do receive our referral we will be going to pick up OUR children.

The ones God has picked out for our family.

Today we wait. We pray. We live in anticipation.

To take my mind off of my heavy heart we are headed out the door for a few hours at Chuck E' Cheese.

I'm not sure if it will work but I can guarantee you one thing.

This mama will have a very big headache in a few hours. However, the smiles on the kids faces will no doubt numb the pain quite a bit.

I'm putting on my happy face and heading out the door. I think I'll play a little pac man while I'm there.

Labels:


  posted at 12:35 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Oh, what interesting dreams! It's like the line in that song, "I knew I loved you before I met you..."

Keep waiting!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Missy said...

I'm with you on the dream thing...so weird, but it must mean we are getting somewhat close?! Let's hope things speed up when the office reopens!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Awwwww, I'm so sorry! I was thinking of you this week while we were away with family. My SIL was struggling a bit as she had a miscarriage while we were in China, so our baby is bittersweet for her right now. It made me think of all of you with waiting arms.

One good thing? Chuck E. Cheese and its chaos will drive all rational thought out of your head. For sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: