Thursday, January 01, 2009


We are having a calm and uneventful New Year's Eve.

A table full of teenage boys are battling it out over a game of Monopoly. They are playing the new way. With credit cards. Apparently there is no way to cheat when you play electronically.

This is something they have been talking a lot about. In between stuffing their faces with nacho's and chocolate candy.

Garrett (10) got invited over to some good friends of ours home for the evening. The fact that his best friend and his three brothers live there had nothing to do with his excitement at going. Dave said when he dropped him off all the boys were jumping up and down in excitement to see each other.

They are keeping him all night so I am down one 10 year old. However, I am up two extra teenagers and one extra 12 year old girl that Samantha has spending the night.

It is definitely not quiet in our home this evening. I think I could still fall asleep before midnight though. Its amazing how much noise I can sleep through.

I have been pondering this year and the year to come as I sit hear under the Christmas lights.

Here are my three New Year's resolutions.

1. To continue to grow in my walk with Jesus and to seek him in all area's of my life.

2. To have more patience with my family. Remember to grant them as much grace in hard situations as God grants me.

3. Get healthy. Start exercising, lose a little weight and stop being a chicken and make a dentist appointment. I am really afraid of the dentist.

That's about it for this year.

What about you? Any grand plans for 2009?????


  posted at 12:00 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Happy new year, Julie!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Virginia Revoir said...

We have that Monopoly game too! My husband loves it and it's easier than counting and adding all that money. LOL. I even got the kids their own version of monopoly. They think it's fantastic. My brother-in-law taught his kids starting out when they were about 4 years old. He has four kids and man, they could beat an adult at it. They even do all the auctions and stuff. He must've had the patience to teach them real little like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: