Monday, August 25, 2008
Paperwork Update
Our social worker emailed me this morning that he found the paperwork that our agency was missing and he would have it notarized today and drop it off at our house tomorrow. I am happy with that.

I was going through some paperwork this morning and found our original adoption contract with our agency. We signed the paperwork on September 12, 2007. Almost a year ago.


When we signed those forms we thought it would take us six months max to get all the paperwork together and the home study done. I kind of laugh at that now. I would be thrilled if our dossier was off to Ethiopia by our anniversary date, which is a real possibility, so I am going to definitely be praying for that.


When I look at our time line, though it has been frustrating, I can see God's hand in our delays. Paige is in such a better place to welcome a sibling than she was even 3 to 6 months ago.


I feel so much more confident about bringing new children into our home. I feel like God has really worked on my entire family over this time and we are all much more ready for this wonderful and exciting experience than we would have been six months ago.


God's timing really is much better than mine. How come I always seem to have a hard time remembering this?


Our agency has a yahoo group and on the board their is an "unofficial" waiting family list where people post their names and the age of children they are hoping to adopt. I got on there a few days ago and noticed that most of the families are asking for children 12 months or younger. There were only a couple asking for children as old as ours (4 or under) and I don't think any were asking for siblings in that age group. Some might say something like 2 children four and under with one child under 12 months. The problems with a request like this is that if the agency has 2 children available for adoption and one is 15 months old they cannot offer you the referral. The children have to be the exact age you requested. I believe this is a newer rule and unfortunately has caused some families, like my friend Lisa who is off meeting her two little ones right now, to have a longer wait than they initially thought.


I have a feeling, and yes it is just a feeling, that we may not have to wait that long for a referral since we requested ANY children (a boy and a girl) four or under. Only time will tell, and ultimately we will wait as long as we have to, it will just be interesting if my feelings turn out to be true.


Thanks for encouraging me through this slow and frustrating time. All of your kind comments and emails have been very appreciated. As always, I will keep you updated on our progress.

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:53 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Thanks for the update, so we know how to continue to pray. Think of how well God will have prepared those two little ones for oyu by the time you get them.

Onward and upward!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Rosie : ) said...

It is nice to hear an update of the paperwork process for adopting children. There seems to be so many little details that we never consider whie applying.

Keep us posted and our best thoughts are with you during this time. :)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

It will be neat to have that go out on your anniversary. Yes, I have a hard time remembering that God's timing is best, too. It will be exciting to find out who joins your family!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Lori S said...

God's timing....always best, but hard to understand, until we're on the other side looking back! I hope you don't have to wait long for your referral!
It was interesting reading about your family. I have 4 children ages 18 to 3 yrs. and adopting 2 more from Ethiopia. We get some fun comments about our 'big' family!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Yeah for getting it off soon...so glad the lost papers have been found and notarized. (notarizing things is such a pain.)

Hope things keep moving quickly for you and your family.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Thanks for posting about your adoption process. I don't know any of this stuff, but I'd like to so that I can be more informed and maybe be helpful to someone one day.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

I know for you it seems like forever, but I can still remember you annoucing your plans for adoption like they were recent, not a year ago! Wow, how time has flown by.

It will be soon! God's timing is perfect. I keep telling myself that, too, so you are not alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: