Sunday, August 03, 2008
Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
Last night I was making Paige's birthday cake for her party today. I made her a double layer chocolate cake with a Tinker Bell theme. I had finished frosting the cake and then decided I wanted to move it onto a prettier plate.

I know, your thinking I probably shouldn't try and do that.

You know what? You would be right.

I broke the cake in two, a huge crater was going down the middle. The kids said it looked like the San Andreas fault (if you live in CA. you will know what that is).

I tried to fix it by stuffing the giant earthquake crack with about 3 pounds of frosting. I am not kidding.

I finally gave up around 10:30 pm and figured I will go to Sam's Club this morning and hope they have a cute cake.

When Paige said her prayers tonight she thanked Jesus for her pretty Tinker Bell cake.

Yikes. Hopefully I can find a cake that I can put her tink decorations on so she will be none the wiser.

I am such a bone head some times. When will I ever learn????

Labels: ,


  posted at 6:25 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I am sorry that happened after all your hard work, but if it were in my house the boys would still be fighting over who gets to eat it.

Hugs.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I killed my son's first birthday cake, threw it in the trash and started all over again. It happens.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Ahhh Julie. It only happens when it's an important thing.Something you want to be perfect.
I hope you can find a cake you can kinda turn into a Tink cake!

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I hope you were able to get a good replacement this morning!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

Okay, well, I should have read this one first, huh? Jesus obviously put the "15 minute cake lady" there that particular day for a reason!

Ain't God Good??

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Rosie : ) said...

Oh no! This brought back horrific moments of my Nemo cake. :(

At least you got a nice cake from the bakery the next day, and your daughter wasn't really the wiser. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: