Friday, August 08, 2008
Just One Little Piece Of Paper
I told you last month that our Dossier (forms needed for adoption) were complete and we just needed to have them authenticated by the Secretary of State so I could send them off and get on the waiting list for a referral.

Well, when our paperwork came back (there are 21 pieces of paper in all) they were all authenticated but one. It seems our home study agency got the copy of there license notarized but no one bothered to sign the form. This paper was looked at by three people before it was sent off and none of us caught this mistake.

I was disappointed but not to worried. I called our home study agency and they apologized profusely and sent me another copy (actually signed) that same day. We got it in a couple of days and Dave took it to Fed Ex and overnighted the form to the California Sec. of State.

That was three weeks ago.

We have heard nothing.

The other 20 documents were authenticated and sent back to us within one week.

I have been freaking out a little about this.

I am trying to remind myself of this verse on a daily basis.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.


I know that God is in control. I know he knows where our children are and who they are. This journey we started last October was suppose to take 3-6 months to get all the paper work done and sent in. We are now on month 10.

I feel at times like Satan is taunting me. I look at those other 20 documents all stamped and pretty with foil seals and know that without that one last piece of paper they are useless. Am I being tested. How much patience can I have? Can I really give this entire process to God and trust in Him?

I am really trying, however, this week I have been struggling. Tears have been near the surface all week. Frustration has been gripping my soul. I want to scream at who ever will listen that I. Want. My. Children.

So, in the middle of my doubting and temper tantrums God sent me some comfort and hope. He sent me affirmation that what we are doing is His will.

Tyler (14) was watching the discovery channel and he called to me . "Hey mom, they have something on here about making Ethiopian food". I went to the other room to watch it with him and it turns out they were featuring a restaurant in Los Angeles only about an hour from us.

We decided to get on the computer and research the restaurant thinking we would make a trip there to eat some real authenticate Ethiopian food.

I had heard that Los Angeles had an Ethiopian community but, I have to be honest, I had not researched it until this day. What we found made me so excited and happy.

There is a section of Los Angeles called Little Ethiopia where Ethiopian transplants have opened stores and restaurants. They celebrate Ethiopian holidays and speak Amharic. Here is the sign that greats visitors.

Here is the restaurant that was featured. It is said to have the best Ethiopian food in this country (that's what the guy on TV said).
I love how the restaurant is decorated in the colors of the Ethiopian flag.
Here is there sampler plate.
Ethiopian food is spicy and I am kind of a wimp. However, all the men in my family love it so they can't wait to go and try the food. I'm just going to put lots of water bottles in my purse.

So, we are still waiting. However my heart is so happy to know that our children will have a place to go where there native language is spoken, and people are there who can teach them about there country in a way we never could.

God is good. He has renewed my spirit.

Labels: ,


  posted at 5:02 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 6:18 AM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Praying for that one little piece of paper to show itself soon!

I'm struck by how completely different each country's process is for this adoption journey - and I'm enjoying learning about other nations too. Thanks for sharing this post.

Now, go get you some Ethiopian dinner and don't cook tonite :)

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

I think I would have a hard time with the food. I do like spicy, but I have trouble with other culture's food sometimes. I don't care for much Indian cooking, very little Korean, which my husband loves, lol.

God is so good, I love how He knows just what we need to hear.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger atHisrighthand said...

Oh waiting for paper work is soooo frusterating! I can't even tell you... I remember the frusteration well... Soon it will be there and you will be on the official wait list! yeah! I can relate to your discouragment though as I have fought that a lot this week.... It is so great though when God nudges us with reminders that we are on the path He has for us. I do so hope your paper comes soon!
Elise

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Rosie : ) said...

Silly papers! Maybe you have to stop wishing they'll show up, and they'll appear in your dryer...er...mailbox. Like the matching pair of socks that always disapear in the laundry. ;)

{huggles} They will come soon enough, and exactly at the time you need them. :)

Isn't it funny how when you have a big family people think you are patient? I think I have learned patience with each of the 7 kids, but I was an extremely impatient person to begin with! {lol} Keep thinking of the beautiful result. Hopefully this will give you more patience too. :)

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I would have never thought there was an Ethiopian restaurant anywhere in this country. Great find.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Cakes said...

argh!
Hoping everything comes together quickly!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Carolyn T said...

Julie....
So enjoyed skimming over your blog! What a LOVELY break!! Many blessings and MOVEMENT on your adoption...looking forward to hearing more!! By the way..."Alecha" means mild in Amharic....that is how I order my ET food, I am a spice wimp too!! I especially like "fasting food" which is all generally vegetarian....
Care

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

How cool of you to find that section and encouragement. It definitley seems like a message from God! I hope things get rolling in ernest SOON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: