Friday, August 22, 2008
A Day At Disney


We had a fun day yesterday at Disneyland. Well, actually, California Adventures. For some reason my kids really like this smaller Disney park better.




We went to Play House Disney and saw the show. Paige was thrilled to see her friends Mickey, Minny, The little Einsteins, Handy Manny and Pooh and all his friends in person. Samantha and Garrett were good sports and we all sang along to the songs and had fun.





The older boys stayed home so this was all about the little people which was kind of nice. We watched the parade and went on the carousel. Garrett and Samantha went on the roller coaster together and Garrett braved the 200 foot tall Maliboomer all by himself. He is a brave boy.



This is what you look like when you still need to grow an inch before you can go on the "fun" rides with your brother and sister.
However, a nice lolly pop always makes things a little better.



The lady bug "tea cup" ride was a big hit in A Bugs Land.




Every ride is themed around the movie A Bugs Life and the area is made so that you feel the size of a small bug walking around in the grass. Very fun for all ages.


We had a blast and I think we will go again on Sunday after church. I'm planning on getting my money's worth out of these year long passes.

Adoption Update: Our home study agency was closed today so I was not able to talk to anyone about the missing paperwork. However, I spoke with our adoption agency social worker and she calmed me down and let me know this would probably only delay our dossier going to Ethiopia by a week. I am feeling much better. I just hope our home study agency can get there act together and produce the paper work quickly. Thanks for all your kind words.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 5:06 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Fun day! Glad to hear the papers won't delay things too long, although I'm sure every week is an eternity. (((HUGS)))

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

We had a few sad faces when we went to our local amusement park...except we still have four inches to grow...I don't think it will happen before next year.

What a fun day for the littles.

(Anxiously awaiting news about the adoption.)
Blessings,
Michelle

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, fun. My kids went to Six Flags last week with all the "Bugs Bunny" and superhero themes. We'd love to get to Disney, but not sure it will ever happen . . .

I hope you get good news on the trip to Ethiopia soon!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Your daughter's look strikingly like sisters in these pictures.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I couldn't remember if I told you already, but I nominated you for a blog award. You can see the details if you scroll down on my front page. You only have to play if you are up to it!

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Deedra said...

Looks like a fun day! Carter is beside me naming off all the characters! I hope you get good news about the papers soon!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Lori said...

My kids would love a day at Disney, but it's just too far away. Looks like lots of fun!

Big ((hugs)) on everything with the adoption. In the end it will be sooo worth it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: