Monday, August 04, 2008
Turning 5
Well, therapy has been adverted, if only for a little while.

I took a trip over to our local Albertsons yesterday morning to see if they could help with my cake fiasco. I was looking for a plane cake that I could decorate to look like the Tinkerbell cake I had just accidentally destroyed. The very nice lady in the bakery said that she could make me a Tinkerbell cake in 15 minutes if I wanted to wait. Seeing that I had 25 people showing up at my house in less than an hour for a birthday party I took her up on her offer. And kissed her feet. And told her she could have my first born if she wanted him (she passed seeing that he was a teenager now).

This is the cake she made me in 15 minutes.


As you can see Paige didn't like it AT ALL.

She didn't have any fun at her pool party either. It was so sad.



She put the candles on all by herself, and she insisted on a lot of candles.
Opening presents is so much fun!
For some reason we didn't get any pictures of the kids swimming. I guess the photographer (me) was busy doing other things. I am kind of sad about that.


Overall, a wonderful and fun day with friends and family. The cake was a big hit too!




Labels: ,


  posted at 12:00 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 12:32 PM, Blogger atHisrighthand said...

I love it!!!! Last year for my sons party I totally failed to order the cake.... woops.. on the way to the party we ran to the store and the only thing they had remotely boyish had balloons on it, and one was pink! yikes... Oh well.. They boys hardly noticed and just had fun playing lazer tag... but I think I learned my lesson.
looks like a fun party!
Elise

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Wow, 15 minutes for a tinkerbelle cake...

how long did it take for her to disappear ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

WOW! I am in awe of the cake lady! That's fabulous!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

That lady really made a cute cake! She must be very experienced to mkae that so quickly. SOunds like she loved her party1

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Looks like she had a horrible birthday! ;) Awesome cake ... and in 15 min? WOW!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Lori said...

It's not so easy to get those wonderful cakes to turn out as planned. Many a times, I've also ran to the store and had them do it,LOL! It all tastes good, even the screwups!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Aw, looks like a ton of fun! My daughter turned 5 last month and we barely had a party, LOL.

Yes, I would definitely rather pay someone than try that myself! Good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: