Sunday, July 08, 2007
Blossoms, Bouquets and Beauty
My garden is in bloom and I am having such fun this summer tending the flowers and enjoying their wonderful smells and beautiful blossoms. Even the fruit trees are doing great which I am thrilled about. Most of them were planted only three years ago and this is the first year we have seen an abundance of fruit.

Grab yourself a glass of ice tea, sit down, relax, and come on a mini tour of my garden with me.

Here are my Hydrangeas going down the west side of the house. The blooms were bursting out and I had already cut off several bouquets for the house when I took this picture.



Here are some vines and flowers that line the fence out by the pool.

I have five different kinds of roses and they are all doing great. The area of our yard where the roses grow smells so GOOD.

More plants that line the flower beds.



I even have hanging baskets this year. I have had this one for almost a month and it is still alive. I am shocked because I usually kill baskets within the first few weeks. I always forgot to water them.



The smell of honeysuckle and Camellia blossoms is everywhere. Take a long whiff. Can you smell them?

I hope you enjoyed my tour. I am off to tend my garden and enjoy summer while it lasts.

Labels:


  posted at 2:13 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Cakes said...

ohhhhh! I am sooo jealous. How beautiful.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

How beautiful! I am completely jealous and also quite embarrassed to say that my poor sad flowers just keep givin it up...I'm tired of watering them, and they are tired of me forgetting! Thank you for sharing your lovely blooms!

Deedra

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Very pretty!

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Hi Julie;

Thanks for the blooming tour ;-)
Your hydrangea's are so beautiful-love the color. We have a blue variety, but it doesn't bloom as prolific as yours, not sure why? (we inherited them with the purchase of our home)

I need to get out and clip back a few things-thanks for sharing (and for stopping by my blog-hope you will come back!)
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

How, how pretty -- I'm jealous, too. I am lucky to keep two hanging plants by my front door alive! I would LOVE a beautiful garden someday.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Your flowers look gorgeous! We are pretty dry here and mine are starting to show for it. I keep watering them, but it's just not the same as a good ole rain. Enjoy your flowers, they sure are pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: