Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Friends, We May Need To Stage An Intervention
Last night my good friend, Kathy, brought our oldest daughter home from VBS and also dropped off a present.

Samantha came running in and handed my mom a large heavy bag stating inside was a present for me and grandma.

Grandma and I looked inside and joyful praise immediately emanated from our bodies.

The bag was full of books. All kinds of books.

Forty books to be exact.

Being the sweet daughter that I am I let my mom pick what books she would like first. She took home 10.

Lets do the math together, shall we? 40 books - 10 books = 30 books.

YIPPEE!

I cannot truly express to you the great joy that bag of books is bringing to my life.

Simple sweet joy.

The children, however, are not quite as excited.

They wanted assurances that we were actually going to be doing things this summer. Not just reading books.

Of course, I assured them.

We will go to the beach (where I can read a book), they can play in the pool (where I will be reading a book), how about riding bikes and running around out front?

I have already purchased a new special chair to sit in while supervising all of these activities. Of course it has a nice cup holder for my water bottle (lets be real, most likely a diet coke) and nice arm rests so my extremities will not get to tired while they are holding all my new BOOKS.

Please don't pinch me. I really don't want to wake up.

Labels:


  posted at 5:20 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 7:15 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I would be totally excited too! It is so fun to see what is in the bag!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

That would make me happy, too! You could win some books on my blog this week if you comment. Take a peek and see what I have! Blessings!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I tagged you! Please come see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: