Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Grandma Came a Visiting And Life Was So Good
My mom is 5 feet 4 inches tall. She probably weighs 120 pounds soaking wet. She is 87 years old.

My kids adore her.

She lives about 45 minutes away and we don't see her or my Dad as much as we should. (Insert very guilty look here)

Monday evening Dave picked her up after he got off work and brought her home with him. Our little Garrett was so excited he refused to go to Vacation Bible School that evening. He needed to be with his grandma.

My mom never ceases to amaze me.

She shows up in a cute new outfit she picked up at Ross. A really pretty shade of green Capri's with a new sporty top. My daughter was so proud. She is sure I am adopted.

My favorite outfit is an old pair of shorts, t-shirt and a pair of flip flops.

Mother never leaves her house without makeup and her hair done.

I think pulling up your hair in a pony tail and throwing on a baseball cap is a great look. Makeup? Hmm. I usually throw some on right before hubby gets home so he doesn't know what a slob I have looked like all day.

Do you want to know what my most favorite part of my mom's visits are? (other than she is fun to hang out with and I love having her around so much)

MY MOM LOVES TO DO LAUNDRY!

For a mother of 5 a mom like that is a God send.

Before she came the kids reminded me to be sure and get ALL the laundry done. They didn't want her bothered with the laundry, they wanted to watch baseball (my mom is a huge Dodger fan) and play Backgammon. Laundry was not on the schedule.

The problem is I tell my Mom not to worry about the laundry. However, she cant help it. She has OCD in this department. When I was a kid you would throw something in the laundry basket and it would be spinning in the wash within minutes. SHE CANNOT STAND ANYTHING IN THE DIRTY LAUNDRY BASKET.

So, as I, of course, did not get all the laundry done before she came I did the next best thing.

Tried to hide it in my closet.

This morning she came down and asked me if all the clothes in my closet were clean because she would be happy to fold and put them away.

OK, I could not lie to my MAMA. I had to confess.

The laundry was spinning within moments.

She washed and folded 5 loads.

I only have one left to be all caught up.

Ain't my mama great?

She is going home tomorrow but has informed me she will be back next week.

To do more laundry, and play lots of backgammon.

I am so thankful I have a mama who loves me and laundry too!

Aren't you jealous?

Labels:


  posted at 10:02 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 5:06 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

That is so fun! I would love it if my mom loved to do laundry!!!

It is lovely for her to be with you and be helpful.

Wonderful post!! Very nice of your kids to be concerned too...

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

My mom always pitches in when she visits as well. She knows how crazy life is with three kids, because she had three kids as well. That is the best thing ever! It sounds like we both have awesome moms! Blessings to you!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger The Henderson's said...

Very jealous here!! I hate laundry. I'm sure it will not get any better when I have kids.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

That's great! I love the way your kids were looking our for their grandma too.

The increase in laundry (with just 2 kids) was quite a surprise for me when I became a mom. I can't imagine how it must be in a house with 5 kids! Nice that your mom enjoys helping out in that area. :)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Sounds like you're all having a wonderful time! What a practical way for your mom to show her love for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: