Saturday, July 07, 2007
The Lazy Days Of Summer
Life is good.

The last week has consisted of our family waking up, eating breakfast, dressing in our swim suits, and laying by the pool all day.

I really heart my crock pot. Dinner is cooking while I nap in my new lounge chair that hubby bought us. We have three. The kids have to fight over who gets the other two. I am really not concerned with that as long as MY lounge chair is not touched by another human being.

Can we all say mean and selfish mother together?

When we finally venture inside their have been lots of video game competitions along with hot fundge sundae eating.

Yes, life is good.

I have lots of pictures to share with all of you but the hour is late and I am exhausted from all the swimming and eating.

I will try and post them tomorrow after church. If I am not to tired.

Did I mention that most people in this house (including myself) have not gotten out of bed until after 9:00am for the last week. Making the 8:30am service and working in the toddler room may kill me. Only for Jesus will I make the sacrifice.

I guess this makes me not only a selfish mother but a lazy one as well.

Oh Well.

Did I mention how much I love my new lounge chair?

Labels:


  posted at 11:06 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

My kids fight over video games, too. Its just mind boggling! Cody was giving his Grandma's old Nindendo 64 game for his birthday, along with a favorite game he wanted. Now they've dug out all our old 64 games and are having a blast! (except for the occasional fighting)
If we had a pool to lounge in, I wouldn't let them touch me or my chair, either. Its not selfish, its what the queen should expect and demand in her household!
And the pool would just be one more thing for the kids to fight about. "Its YOUR turn to clean it!" "Nuh uh, I did it last time!" "Well, its not MY turn, I ALWAYS have to do it!"
But I would love a pool! If we had a fenced in yard, I would get one that comes down in the winter.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

Sounds like a perfect summer! Laid back - just what your heart desired. Life IS certainly good. : )

Hugs, friend!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Jennefer said...

Gotta love those summer days!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger missy said...

Sounds dreamy. I am biting back a bit of jealousy, I have to admit!! Our first summer in years without a pool membership is making this a boring couple of months. Tomorrow we start craft week........how I long to be lounging by the pool instead!! Enjoy!!!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Cakes said...

perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: