Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Our Nations Birthday


Parades, BBQ's, loved ones, sunshine, and fireworks.

My favorite things about the 4th of July.

As a kid this was always one of my favorite holidays.

We used to run around outside barefoot with popsicles in our hands not caring how sticky we got.

As night time approached the excitement intensified.

The moment the sun started to set we would be yelling at our parents to get the boxes of fireworks out of the garage. Sparklers would be handed out and all the boys would fight over who got to light the next cone out of the box.

I still love this holiday. My children have the exact same reaction I did.

This makes me smile and reminds me, again, that some of the best things in life truly are simple pleasures.

I hope you are enjoying your day.

Here's a little diddy I will leave you with. If you want you can pretend I am singing it to you in my very off key yet enthusiastic voice. Enjoy!

Labels:


  posted at 2:30 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 5:32 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

The 4th of July is right up there with Christmas in my life.

Hope you have a great day!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

I love fireworks too. San Diego has some awesome ones which we'll be watching on the bay tonight! :)

Enjoy your day.

Love, Michelle

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Aww.. that reminded me of when I was a kid...

We had a very Happy Independence Day as well...
It was just a tad bit hot though...
I have heard 116 and 120 degrees...?? Either way.. it was HOT!

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to invite you to read my latest post! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: