Thursday, June 21, 2007
Summer Time Memories
First, let me thank you all for your comments and emails regarding the "Entertainment Generation". I think I was in a little funk yesterday feeling very annoyed with the "More is Better mentality". However, what I failed to remember is that their are just as many people trying to live the simple life and instill Godly values into their children as their are those who's main goal is "Keeping up with the Joanses".

Anyway, I think I was having my version of a toddler temper tantrum yesterday. God probably got a good laugh out of that.

Now, on to some really important stuff. I NEED IDEAS. Idea's of fun things to do with the kids this summer.

Do you have favorite memories of summer time fun when you were a kid? What were they?

I used to love making forts in the back yard with my friends. We would take blankets and anything else we could find to make the biggest and best fort ever. We would spend hours in that thing playing. Funny thing is, today, I couldn't remember what we actually did in the fort. I guess the making of it was the most memorable part.

Anyway, what are your fondest memories? Crafts, the beach, making homemade popsicles? Lay it on me, and tell me how to do it.

I am so excited to be a kid again for a few months this summer, I hope I can remember how to be a grown up once it is all over.

Yes, honey, I will still be doing laundry and cooking meals. Most of the time.

Labels:


  posted at 9:16 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

My favorite summer childhood memories are:

Playing at the pool with friends and then having a lunch of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Selling lemonade and sun tea on the side of the road.

Hikes and picnics out in the local wildlife areas.

Fun times in the sun, playing with friends and enjoying the freedom of summer vacation!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I just remember we were outside all the time. We had some woods out back so we would roam through those pretending. We also played tag a lot and spent hours setting up elaborate obstacle courses with junk from the garage.

Summer is the best! This is one of the greatest things about being a SAHM.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Definitely swimming at the pool! We were there so much.

And yeah - just time outside. Splashing in a wading pool, reading books -- many trips to the library! Playing school with my sister. I am one of four (the oldest) so we were turned loose to make our own fun a LOT.

Our local library plans tons of fun stuff for school age kids during the summer. Does yours do anything like that?

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

Ooh! I spent the summer with my favorite aunt who was my favorite person in the whole wide world! Here are some ideas that we'll be doing this summer - some I got from my childhood & some I just know my kids would enjoy:

* Crafts - I stock up on the Roseart brand craft boxes whenever I see them on sale in Michael's. If they aren't on sale, Michael's also has a 50% coupon every few weeks. We have boxes for modeling clay, bead jewelry, stamping art, and sand glass art just to name a few.

* Summer cooking (or freezing) : ) - Lots of frozen pies, homemade popsicles, smoothies, s'mores, easy pudding desserts, and homemade peanut butter playdough.

* Walking to the library, community pool and playground.

* Lots of time at the beach and playground with friends.

* Participating in the local library reading program, attending movies & concerts in the park locally.

Whew - I'm worn out already! : )

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Loved swimming...as much as possible! Finding places to pick fruit was fun, too...then either making jelly or homemade fruit roll-ups with it. Or a cobbler...now I'm hungry! Have fun!Don't do too much laundry =0!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: