Thursday, July 12, 2007
Hop On Board The Train Is Coming
Yesterday my sister, the adventure girl, and my BIL came over for a day of fun. We had not seen them in 7 months so, understandably, the house was full of excitement about their arrival.

My other sister, Candis, and my mom also stopped by and Dave came home early from work.

We had an all out party people. In the middle of the week. Isnt't summer grand?

My sis and BIL always like to bring a new game for the kids to learn. Yesterday they brought Mexican Train Dominoes. We had never played before and let me tell you it is a lot of fun.

All ages can play and you can have up to eight people playing at one time. If you can count to 12 you can play this game. The kids thought it was so much fun. The family enjoyed having an activity that my 87 year old mom and my 8 year old son could both participate in together. If you are looking for an evening of family fun the Laundry household gives this one a big thumbs up.

Here are some pics of our wild train ride.

Above are my sisters, BIL, and sweet mother all joining in the fun.



Does your family have a favorite game you like to play? If so please leave a comment and let us know what it is.

I am off to enjoy another lazy summer afternoon with my family.

Have I mentioned lately how much I really love summer?

Note: I looked online to find the exact game my sis had brought but couldn't. She said they carry it at Target in a tin for around $10.00. I did find this one that comes in a train shaped tin and makes train sounds that my kids are begging me to buy. We have some birthdays coming up so I am thinking about it. Just thought I would let you know. Enjoy!

  posted at 10:10 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

That sounds so fun!

And why are there never any pictures of YOU on this blog? : )

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

Your mom looks amazing for 83! Wow! I'm glad you guys had such a good time! We play Phase 10 sometimes in our family. It's a card game that can literally go on for hours!

Deedra

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I've played that game before, but I think the thing we put in the middle was a homemade thing made of wood. Sounds like everyone had a great time! :)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

We love to play Apples to Apples! Everyone in our family can play except our under 5 set. There are junior versions, but our 10 and 12yo have little trouble with the adult version. We are going to either get the expansion pack or the Bible edition, too.
I've heard the train dominos game is a lot of fun. We haven't tried it yet.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger missy said...

What a fun summer night!! :)

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I spent many, many summer afternoons (and evenings!) playing Yahtzee with my grandmother when I was growing up. I can't wait till our kids are old enough for real games. Looks like ya'll had a great time!

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like something my son would enjoy. His favorite game right now is a card game called Rat-a-Tat Cat. Really, he enjoys playing just about any game!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

I love family games. We used to play Monopoly a lot around here - actually we played a lot of games when I was a child - fond memories of it.

Thank you so much for sharing your family fun night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: