Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Oh My Word, Why Do They Have To Grow Up?
My oldest daughter woke up this morning with excitement. Today was the day!

What day you might ask?

Well, the day her crazy mother told her she could go to the 12:00am (as in midnight) showing of the new Harry Potter movie.

One of her best friends mom's bought tickets and was going to take them. Now, I shouldn't really be worried. She is in the best of hands.

This mom, Kathy, happens to be one of my best friends (isn't that cute?) and also happens to be married to Brad, who married Dave and I over two decades ago.

So, what am I worried about? She is with the minister's wife for heaven's sake. What is going to happen?

I don't really know. All I do know is that the movie will start in 30 minutes (they have been waiting in line for good seats since 9:00pm) and I really want to go to bed.

However, I am not sure I can sleep knowing my 11 year old daughter is out and about at this time of night. The neurotic mother inside of me will not allow it.

How am I ever going to survive the teen years?

I am off now to take a Tylenol PM and tell my self to stop worrying. She will be fine. Her father isn't worried. He's sleeping just fine.

Thanks for listening.

As a reward here is a pic of the kids I took yesterday all scrunched into the playhouse. The kids were helping Paige pick flowers and she was busy looking at her pretty treasures and refused to look up for the picture. My garden may not survive all her gentle care. lol.

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:21 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

I hope you made it through the night waiting on your dd. It can be really scary. I don't know why it is worse at night, you wouldn't have worried with her being out with the pastor's wife, your friend, during the day. But it is worse. The dark brings out fears.
Our town just this week buried two teenage girls, which impacted 3 of my kids personally. They were struck by a semi. I refused to let myself get worried about my kids being in vehicles, they belong to Christ, not me, but it was hard. Then yesterday, Kaytlin and I were struck by a semi. How ironic is that? One week later exactly. Almost the same time. But we are fine!
That flower in my WW is in my landscaping, I don't really have a garden, but the lady we bought the house from landscaped and flowers just keep blooming from spring to fall, and I leave them alone! But my girls pick them, too, and I keep thinking its going to ruin them, but they just keep blooming and blooming!
Even if they picked all the flowers, its ok to me, because God made them to be enjoyed. And they pick them to show me love and make me happy. Its sweet.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I agree that it is worst at night. It just seems in the dark hours of the night we can imagine all sorts of things. I've BTDT!

Love the pic Julie!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Searching for my Sanity or Jen...whichever you prefer... said...

Hi Julie,

I totally agree with you the worst is at night. My dd went to camp for the first time On Sunday. It was only till yesterday night and it was church camp but she was at least two hours away from me. I did ok during the day because I am so busy but at night it was really hard. Most of the counsekors at teh camp had kids attending the camp too and it was like sending her off with family that I completely trusted, but I am so glad szhe is home safe and sound. :) I know this sounds silly but I swear she grew a couple inches in the 4 days she was gone. lol

Jenna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: