Thursday, July 23, 2009
Good News/Bad News
I spoke with Gladney this morning and the director told me they no longer work with Holy Savior. They did not renew their contract with them. She did not seem surprised that the children had been taken back as she has heard of this happening before. She said I should trust CHI and their reasons, if he does not have the paperwork they may not be adoptable. Something else she said she sees at many orphanages in Ethiopia. She knew of Tseguy, CHI's in country representative, and said she trusted if he felt he had to take them back their was really no other option. She would not elaborate on why they stopped working with them but did elude to the paperwork problem.

For better news, I spoke with Lori at HOPE adoptions and the director who is currently in Ethiopia thought he might be able to help us. Their in country rep is out of the city until Sunday night/Monday and when she comes back he was going to ask her about Holy Savior and try and get some more information on the director and their problems. I asked if he could send someone there to check on the children and I was told they would do their best. They will call me back Monday or Tuesday with more information.

So that is where I am at. We will see what next week brings.

I feel at peace. I have given this over to God. If he wants the children to be a part of our family he will provide the way. If not, I will welcome another child into my heart, without ever forgetting or praying for Ayele and Kasanesh for the rest of my life.

I'm feeling like our family needs a little away time. I'm going to call my sister this afternoon and see if we can head up to the cool mountains this weekend for a little R&R. Nothing like spending some time in God's beautiful mountains to renew the spirit and heal the heart.

As always, thank you for the support and prayers. They are working. I have a calm that can only come from the Father. Thank you my loyal bloggy buddies!

Labels: ,


  posted at 10:55 AM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Enjoy your time away, sounds like just what the Dr ordered. Praying for you.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger missy said...

I'm glad you are taking time to go away. What a great idea. Enjoy it, try to relax, and know that whatever happens...God is in control. :)

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Hope your time away is refreshing and rejuvenating. And I'm glad you are getting advice from a variety of those in the know - certainly helps give all of us a bigger perspective to the whole picture of international adoption! It's a crazy journey, and I'm still praying for you friend.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

OH, Julie, I'm sorry that you are going through such tough times with your adoption. I pray that it all gets resolved and that those children come to you.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Becky said...

my heart breaks for you and those sweet children. i am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and hope it gets resolved soon. our son came from holy savior and i can't even imagine the heartbreak you are going through.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Oh Julie, I will pray for you and those precious children! Have a wonderful relaxing getaway!!!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I have NOT stopped thinking about you guys....I never even thought about checking with other agencies. At least it is something to try. Hope you can get answers. I've met Tsegay and I know that the LAST thing he would want to do was send the kids back, I'm sure it absolutely broke his heart to do it.

I pray you can get some answers and some peace. Praying praying praying.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Created For His Glory said...

Continued prayers...
Love,
K

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Renee said...

Julie, I am so sorry this has happened and I hope everything works out.. glad you are finding peace with all this and working through it.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I am so thankful that you have a sense of peace...and like you wrote peace that can only come from the Lord.

Enjoy your getaway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: