Friday, July 10, 2009
Happy Days!
Court dates have been given to those families stuck in the abandonment mess. July 20th is their big day. I know their will be lots of prayers going up that they all pass. Most of these kids have been referred since January. These families have waited a long long time to bring their kiddo's home. I am so happy for you all.

We are still waiting for a court date. We hit the three week mark yesterday. I am going to stay hopeful that we will hear something when MOWA opens again in two weeks.

The strangest thing happened yesterday. There was a referral for a little boy (2) and a girl (5). The family had only waited 5 months. That means we were at the top of the list for a boy/girl 0-6 (we had waited 9 months). It was so strange to know that if we had not been allowed to adopt our kids off the waiting children's page, most likely, they would have been the kids we were referred.

I had a moment of panic. Did we adopt OUR kids?

The answer is YES, YES, YES.

I am so in love with these children, however, I did have a moment where I let the enemy in and started doubting.

All along I have prayed that God would send us OUR kids. The mountains that were moved for us to adopt these children has left no doubt in my mind that they are OUR children, sent from God and an answer to all of our prayers.

Why do I let the enemy in? Some times I get so mad at myself.

I am off to the Christian Home Educators conference for the weekend. I am going with a few girlfriends and will be going to several classes that I hope will help me teach our new children. I am excited to go and get refreshed and ready for our second year of homeschooling.

I am so so excited.

Have a great weekend my friends!

Labels: ,


  posted at 8:34 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Don't let the enemy pick on you! God had them chosen for you from the very beginning of your process. He's been working it all out in his perfect timing!

Don't be too hard on yourself. You are human after all :-) Continuing to pray for a speedy court date.

Blessings,
Michelle

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh, the doubts. I remember them well. After we sent in our approval for the referral of the first little girl back in 6/08. And again when I opened the file of my Li'l Empress. But God is good. He ministers His peace. He directs our paths. He is in control. His ways truly are higher. We walked thru some tough times learning these lessons in new ways. But He is merciful!

Hang in there. Praying for expedited process for you all.

Oh, and today is our 1 Year Referral anniversary. Come read the neat-o thing God did just cuz He loves me :)

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Oh my Julie! So happy for you and your family. And yes, God is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: