Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Sucked Into The Sadness
If you know anyone who is adopting from Ethiopia you have probably heard about the abandoned children's cases. If not, this is the story in brief. One agency was found to be putting children through court who were not actually abandoned or orphans. This stopped all adoptions of children who had been abandoned in the capital of Addis Abba. What this meant is that if you were referred a child and had a court date, or were waiting for a court date you were put into limbo. We have sixteen families at our agency that have been waiting to hear something about their children for months with no word.

There was an investigation and it has been completed. Only one agency was involved and we had been told that the abandonment cases would begin to be heard so these precious children and their families could be united.

We were expecting some good news this week.

However, this was just announced:

Two US agencies announced today that MOWA will be closing for training, effective tomorrow and lasting until July 24th. One agency reminded their clients that MOWA handles both pre- and post-court paperwork; the closing not only affects abandonment cases waiting for new court dates, but it affects all cases waiting for court dates, cases scheduled for that time, as well as people who have already passed court and are waiting for travel clearance.

We received confirmation from our agency this morning that this news is indeed true.

This seems so unbelievably cruel to these families. They have already waited two months for news on their children and now MOWA is closing? There had been some rumors that the families would pass without being given court dates. I pray this is true. I don't want them to have to wait one minute longer to hold their children in their arms.

What does this mean for us?

It means our prayers of news of a court date this week have been crushed. We won't find anything out until after the 24th.

It means our sons friend, Eric, whose family was suppose to have a court date on the 14th will have to wait longer also. I am so sorry Roxanne.

I had dreams of my children swimming in the pool this summer and bonding over smores and campfires.

Most likely it will be Fall before they come home now.



This is a picture of the big kids shoes outside their room at the House of Hope. My friend Angie sent it to me. I find myself staring at the shoes wondering which pair belong to our children? What colors are thier favorites? Who are their friends?

Questions I will have to wait a little longer to ask them.

My heart is broken over this whole situation.

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:56 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 3:17 PM, Blogger missy said...

So very sorry to hear this. Hang in there, Julie. I'll say a prayer for your precious children.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to read this, Julie. I pray you get answers soon. You have waited so long.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Thinkin' about you!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Raquel said...

oh i am so sorry! praying for you

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

I'm so sorry. I am just catching up after taking some time off from reading blogs. When I "came back" to it, I had over 225 posts waiting for me. I had been saving yours cuz I like reading your stories and didn't want to skim thru. I'm glad I did, even if it's late. Hugs to you! I am praying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: