Tuesday, July 21, 2009
I Can't Let Them Go Without A Fight
Thanks so much for all the warm emails, posts and phone calls. I have the best friends and family in the whole world and your words of encouragement have helped me focus and think again.

All day I tried to just tell myself that this must be God's plan. They weren't our children. However, my heart is not buying it.

I have decided to try and find someone who can help us bring our kids home. Our agency no longer works with the orphanage where the children are. However, I have to at least try and find one that can give me some information and/or help us still bring them home. I need closure.

I would feel so much better if I knew another family was adopting them or that their father changed his mind and came back for them. However, while I understand our agencies reasons for sending them back to their original orphanage, I do not agree with it.

This evening I have been sending emails and compiling phone numbers of places I will call to try and get some help. If I run into a dead end, so be it. At least I will have the comfort of knowing I did everything I could to bring them home.

The children are at Holy Savior orphanage in Wonji. If you know of an agency who deals with them or you think might help us adopt them from their please let me know.

I just can't let the go....not yet.

Labels:


  posted at 8:55 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

Oh Julie... You are making me cry! What you are doing is awesome, you are an amazing person and mother. Only a mother's love for her kids is strong enough to endure such a battle. I pray you find them...

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger ~Together 2 Get Fit~ said...

My Mama heart is just aching for you and your family and your children in Ethiopia. I will pray for them that God will make Himself known to them and give them peace. He says that He is the father to the fatherless and that He will not leave them. I pray that you will be able to find a way to bring them home, that God will direct your path or show you otherwise. I can't imagine how your heart must be aching. Praying that you will find peace from Him who gives peace that passes all understanding and that He will give you sweet sleep and strength to make it through all the tomorrows. God is at work, He has not forgotten your children and He knows you're hurting.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Tegan, Gregory and Maiya said...

Go Mom, go! I know you can do this - it is totally worth a try! Wishing you much strength, fortitude and success! We're here for you....

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger junglemama said...

You go girl!

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Julie my heart is breaking for you and these kids. I just don't understand why the agency didn't let them process through. My husband and I were talking about this last night. I am going to see about getting you some help through a couple of contacts I know of. Praying for you and your family.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger missy said...

Spoken like a true mother. :)

Wish I had a way of helping, but all I can do is pray.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Praying for you! Will be anxious to see what unfolds. Follow your heart, girl!

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Oh Julie;

I am so sorry.

God bless you for fighting for them.

Curious as to what reason the agency would stop working with the orphanage though? (would you pop me an email?)

Praying for you. Asking God to open and close doors for you...and to know that His hand is upon you indeed. Fear not, for God is with you dear sweet Julie.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: