Monday, July 20, 2009
They Will Never Be Ours
Through circumstances beyond our control and our agencies control we lost the referral of our children this morning.

They have been sent back to the orphanage from where they came.

My heart is broken.

Here is what I posted this morning on our agency's yahoo group:

We got a call this morning from Erin and Sharon telling us that the in country staff are finding it impossible to work with the director of H.S. orphanage. I wont go into all the details but the bottom line is they do not feel they can get the paperwork done to facilitate getting a court date and passing court as things stand with this director. Our children, who are 5 and 10ish, have been sent back to Holy Savior and our agency is no longer working with them. We will not be able to adopt them. Our family and one other family are affected by this awful development.

To say my heart is broken would be the biggest understatement of this decade. I feel like I have just suffered a miscarriage. We have pictures of these children all over our house. They have grown in all of our hearts over the last month and I know it is not going to be easy to let go of them.

I am waiting for Dave to get home to tell the children so I am just trying to hold it together until then. I cannot imagine what is going through our Ethiopian children's minds right now. To be sent back to the orphanage from the HOH. How much must these children endure? It is so unfair and I find myself screaming out to God this morning. I pray that God will turn this tragedy into good and the children will somehow receive a forever family very very soon.

I do believe that CHI did everything in their power to stop this from happening. I do not blame them in anyway.Will you please pray for our children today? Their names are Ayele and Kasanesh. They must be scared and confused right now. My heart is breaking for them. And also pray for the agency director, that he could get his act together. There are several families still trying to pass court with children from this agency. We need to lift them up in prayer so they can get their children home.

With a heavy heart,
Julie

  posted at 1:24 PM  
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 2:09 PM, Blogger missy said...

Oh, Julie...I am SO very sorry for your loss!

I will indeed say a prayer for these children. I'm sure that although we don't know what it may be, God has a plan for them.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

I am so sorry, my heart is breaking for you and the kids. I will be praying for the future of the kids and that your family will find peace and healing in this horrible situation. Yes, God has a plan for you all.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

I'm so very sorry, Julie. I don't even know what to say, and everything sounds so like a platitude. Know I'm praying for all of your family, here and afar tonight. That is all I can do.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Julie, I'm am heartbroken for you. There are no words to say to begin to assuage the ache. I am praying for you and for the children, all of them.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Julie, i am so very sorry that you are going through this heartache. I can't even imagine the pain you are feeling. I am praying for you and your family.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

I am so sorry that this has happened. I will be praying for your family and for those children.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Tegan, Gregory and Maiya said...

Julie,
How devastatingly sad. Our hearts are breaking just imagining what your family and those sweet children are going through. I just don't understand.....

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger junglemama said...

I am sorry Julie. It is okay to grieve. Bug hugs.

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Wife of the Pres. said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

I came over from The Gang.

I wish I could say something that would help, but the only thing I can think of is how sorry I am.

God, please cover this family and these children with your LOVE and PROTECTION and GRACE.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Wife of the Pres. said...

Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. ~ Proverbs 19:21

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I am very sorry. I don't know what to say but I will pray for your family and these children.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Salzwedel Family said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I understand it well. It is very much like a death. I am praying for your family.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Carol said...

So very sorry, hope you can find some peace after such pain. We came over from the Gang Blog.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Cindi Campbell said...

I am so very sorry for your family and the children in this situation. Surely God has a plan for them if not in your home. I will believe with you for the best for them. We also lost a referral a little over a year ago when our child died in a Chinese orphanage and I know the pain of losing someone whom you never met but loved just the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: