Thursday, July 31, 2008
Another Big Change
A few days ago I took Samantha, who will be entering 7th grade this year, out on a little date. We went to the Ulta Beauty store where I let her get a mini makeover. It was fun, and FREE. We then went over to Panera Bread for dinner.

While eating dinner I dropped the Bomb. That would be the home schooling Bomb. Lets just say there was a loud explosion when the bomb finally hit its target.

Dave and I have been talking all summer about how we can make our lives easier and more enjoyable. Last school year was a nightmare. We had 5 kids in four different schools and I spent two hours a day (not to mention lots of gas) dropping off and picking up children.

If that wasn't bad enough we had three different school calendars going on. Some kids would be in school while others were on break. It was crazy and also very hard to plan any kind of family get away.

About six months ago we started discussing bringing the younger kids home to school. The more I thought and prayed about it I knew it was what we should do. I feel like a huge stress and burden has been lifted off my shoulders, and I am really excited for this new experience.

The kids, well, not so much.

Garrett came home from football practice earlier this week in tears. I ran to him thinking he had been hurt. I was asking questions but he wasn't responding, he just kept crying and looking at me like he was really really mad. His father comes over and says to me "I just told him". It seems this child wasn't any more excited about the prospect of home schooling than his sister.

Our two High School kids came to the defense of there younger siblings asking how we could do such a thing to them. Then all the kids stormed off together to bond over this great injustice that was being thrust upon them.

Well, that was several days ago and things have begun to thaw............I'll tell you all about that tomorrow.

Labels:


  posted at 7:50 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 9:48 AM, Blogger missy said...

Well.....at least they bonded over it, right?!? ;)

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, Julie, big ((HUGS)) to you. And can I say congratulations on your decision?

We had 3 in school when we started, too (1st, 3rd, and 8th grade.) Thankfully, none of them were upset about the change, but it was a huge adjustment. And they DO adjust! Now those 3 all say they are glad of the change and prefer homeschooling.

I think your reasons are VERY sound and I am always here if you need support.

God bless you on your venture!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I hope they adjust sooner rather than later. (((HUGS)))

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Cakes said...

ugh!
Well, I'm sure they'll come around when they realize all the fun stuff they'll be doing.

Lots of hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: