Tuesday, April 01, 2008
The Grocery Game & The Mouse
We have had a great Spring Break around our house. Lots of fun. I was really sorry to see the kids go back to school this morning. Made me really think about the whole Home Schooling thing again.


After Chuck E' Cheese, movies, and Disneyland the inside of my wallet was looking a little sad. All the money was gone.


So, after we got home from Disneyland on Friday (where we spent way to much money) I decided I had better be really frugal for the rest of the month.


My friend Lori had told me about this website she uses to save money on her groceries. Some of you may already be using this site but I was really excited to find it. It's called thegrocerygame.com.


I started clipping coupons about three weeks ago but I hadn't started playing the game yet. Yesterday afternoon I organized all my coupons (from the last three weeks) and pulled up the list from the website on what to buy to save the most.


I hadn't been "big shopping" in over two weeks so our cupboards were pretty bare. I was so excited by the results of my little adventure.


Not only did I need to stock my pantries in the kitchen but I also needed things like dog food, shampoo and deodorant.


My grand total before coupons and store savings was $348.52. After I gave her my coupons and Vons Club Card my total became $195.76. I was thrilled!!!!!


I got two weeks of groceries for what I usually pay for one.


Now, let me also add that I only bought three things that were not on my list. One item was four boxes of fruit roll ups. I figured out while in the store that they had a store coupon and I also had a regular coupon for these items. It was a great deal and I got four boxes of fruit roll ups for $1.50. That's an 85% savings!


OK, I'm hooked.


This site does so much more than just tell you what to buy that week. It helps you stock your cupboards so you never run out of anything and never have to pay full price again. I had such a good time doing this I hope this site can help some of you also.


Here is a picture of the stuff I got FREE yesterday with my coupons.

As you can see it was a good day to stock up on toiletries.

So, if you want to have some fun and save money go check out this site. I'm really glad I did.

_________________________________________________________________

The entire time I was typing the above post my dog has been outside freaking out. Jumping up on the stucco by the back door and annoying every neighbor within a mile with her barking.

What is she so upset about you ask?

Why, let me show you.
Yeah, I'm not real thrilled about this either.

I am living in mortal fear that Paige will open the back door and the little critter will run into the house.

All the wimpy women who live in my neighborhood (including myself) are refusing to go out and take a broom to the mouse (I actually think it may be a baby rat, but for my sanity I am calling it a mouse). I have considered going down to the high school to get Zach so he could take care of it but he has Chemistry this morning and, well, how would I exactly explain why I was bringing him home.

I brought the dog in and the mouse still didn't move, so I let her back out. She is really frustrated.

I'm going upstairs now to take a shower so I can live in denial that a rodent is hanging out by my back door. I'm praying it either falls off or the dog gets it by the time I am done.

I am truly freaked out!!!!

Labels:


  posted at 9:56 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Awesome deals!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I need to play that grocery game.

I hate rodents. Living in the country we get our fair share. Yuck!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi ladies,

The little rodent finally gave up hanging there after about 3 hours and finally fell off and ran away. I was so happy.

julie

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just started reading your blog. Love it! Also, I signed up for the grocery game yesterday. Can't wait to go shopping next week. :)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh, gross!! I'm having to deal with mice right now, too, and I can't stand them!!!!!!! There are not enough exclamation points to put after that last sentence!
So, what happened?? Is it gone??
On the other note, I'm going to check out that grocery game thing you're talking about.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh, I see NOW (after I look like an idoit!) that the rat ran away.
THANK THE GOOD LORD!!

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: