Thursday, March 27, 2008
"The Democrats"
Our family likes politics. We talk about politics all the time. We watch CNN and Fox News and my kids, older and younger, understand there parents positions on topics and why we think certain ways. Obviously our faith has a lot to do with our political positions.

I don't really talk about politics on this blog. I'm really not sure why, I guess I have unintentionally chosen to keep things liter and focus on the mundane aspects of my life like potty training and cleaning my house.

Any who, something funny happened the other day and I just had to share it with you.

My only brother is visiting us for a few days. He is about 14 years older than I and as Liberal as I am conservative. We love each other, respect each others opinions (well, most of the time...he hates American Idol, can you imagine?) and argue like the dickens about politics and social issues.

Zach (16) was telling my brother he likes to watch Glenn Beck (one of the few conservative shows on CNN) in the evening with his Mom. "That guy is hysterical" he tells him. My brother does not look amused and gives me the "I can't believe you let him watch that crap" look.

Garrett picks up on this and says to his uncle "Are you a Democrat"? Might I also add that he says this with a wonderful amount of indignation in his voice. Well, as much indignation as a 9 year old can actually muster.

"Yes I am" replies the irritated man in the corner.

"Oh" says my stunned 9 year old.

I then respond in my most sweetest, kindest voice ever. "We start indoctrinating them into the extreme right wing philosophy in the toddler years around our house".

Uncle was not amused.

Later in the evening I heard Garrett tell his sister "Did you know Uncle is a Democrat"?. "Really"? she replies.

Yes children, we have a real live Democrat sleeping on our couch downstairs. You had better be careful or he might eat you while your sleeping. Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.

Labels: ,


  posted at 7:50 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

That's so funny. They probably never thought they would see a REAL LIVE ONE! Much less, find out they are related to him!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Lori said...

This is so funny. My three year old nephew walks around saying "Democates take all my money!" I told my sister in law she is going to get in trouble =)) (but I laughed hysterically)

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great! My husband is ultra conservative and I am just conservative. I'm not into it as much as he is. When we voted in the primaries my 4 year old went around telling everyone that her parents voted for Huckabee. Then she would ask if they did.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger missy said...

We have an uncle like that in our family too. It completely burns him up that we raise our daughter the way we do! He and his wife are very into politics (actually working for candidates---they live in D.C.) and they think we're bordering on abuse by teaching her conservative principles. Its a bit funny, really. I like to mess with them all the time.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

That is so funny. My kids' grandpa is a "real live democrat" (my dad). Sometimes the political sparks fly when we get together :-)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Hilarious! A real live democrat sleeping on the couch!!
Maybe your kids can "brainwash" him while he's visiting. ;0)

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

ROFL! Love it. I have a few liberals in my life and love to remind them that I am one of those "scary" evangelicals! It's all in good fun and ya can't beat a good debate. (My oldest son introduced us to Glenn Beck on the radio and now we see him on TV when we can -- he IS funny.)

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

LOL Hope you had a great Easter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: