Wednesday, February 27, 2008
The Sugar Baby
Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and it was a heavenly 75 degrees.

The kids got home from school and immediately the garage door went up and bikes and balls were taken out. Within half an hour my yard was full of neighborhood kids running around having a great time.

I felt bad when at 5:00 the fun had to end and the yard had to be picked up.

We had practices to go to.

Garrett had baseball practice, Tyler had to get to Wrestling, Zach had to be picked up from his after school practice, and we all needed to eat a little something before we left.

Four hours later we all met up again at the house.

I was tired and just wanted to relax on the couch and watch American Idol. Until I heard these words.

Mom, are you ready to go?

Go? Go where?

Samantha looks at me exasperated and says "Don't you remember"? No. I say.

We have to go to Walmart and pick up the supplies for my Sugar Baby. Sigh.

You see, her sixth grade class is reading James Dobson's Preparing For Adolescence. As part of the class each student has been assigned a sugar baby (5 pound bag of sugar) which they are to carry around for a week and care for at all times.

She had to have her Sugar Baby in class the next morning.

Off we went to Walmart at 9:30 p.m.. Seriously, this was really the last place I wanted to be going. My nice comfy couch was SCREAMING my name.

Now, of course, being a girl Samantha was not happy to just carry around a plain old bag of sugar.

Her baby had to look good.

So, are you ready to see the first pictures of my first Grandchild? Samantha's dad and I are just so proud.

Isn't she just precious? She is lovingly wrapped in pink duct tape, with a pretty little hat and bow. Samantha has also decided that her baby will use a pacifier. So sweet.

Here's a pic of mother and daughter. Look who found the other pacifier in the 2 pack? Her eyes lit up like a long lost friend had finally returned.


I am allowing her to play with it this morning. Then, IT WILL GO INTO THE TRASH. I don't want to go through that again.

So, basically, we had another crazy day in the Laundry household. To be honest I wouldn't want it any other way. I'm so thankful for each of my children. I'm thankful that they are healthy and happy and able to participate in sporting activities. I truly feel so blessed.

I don't want to make you in the east feel bad or anything, however, this was the temperature outside this morning at 8:00 a.m..
Paige and I are off the the park to enjoy it while it lasts.

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:19 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I am VERY jealous about the temp. It is 30s here today, and I can't wait for spring.

Love the sugar baby! How creative! I hope she is a great mommy!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

You are such a great story teller.

I luckily never had to do that thing in school, although I know other kids had to do it in high school. I am surprised about the duct tape just because I thought that part of the thing was treating the sugar so gently it would leak or something like that. Hope she has fun with it!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger LISA said...

uH HU...FLAUNT THAT THERMOMETER GIRL!!!
I LOVE the Sugarbaby!! I waas wondering how it got that pretty pink color! I never would have guessed duct tape!cute!!
We all need a pacifier sometimes!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

The weather has been beautiful here, too. I think your new grandbaby is just precious!!!
=).
What a great idea for a school project!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Aw -- she looks JUST like you! LOL. I'm jealous of your weather, too. We are still cold, over 100 inches of snow and counting . . . (according to my son 6 more inches on Friday!) ENOUGH!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Wow! We haven't seen the 70s in a good little while now, but I, for one, am not jealous at all. I'm lovin' the 60's we're experiencing. And sometimes? We even get highs in the 40's. It's no wonder we're all sneezin' around here :)
How creative is your daughter?? I've never heard of a sugar baby, and had no idea what you were talking about, so I'm glad you showed us pictures. I think the pink duct tape is brilliant 'cause what if (God forbid) she drops that baby and all her insides come out?? Ha!! :0) Great swaddling clothes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: