Sunday, March 16, 2008
The Cotillion
Well, we still don't have any definitive answers on what is going on with Tyler though I am pretty sure he has a kidney stone. From what many of you have emailed me you have had stones that were not immediately visible from an ultra sound either. He is feeling good, no pain at this time, so I am hoping they figure it out asap before we get to that point.

Anyway, he was feeling good on Friday night so he decided to go to his school Cotillion. This is a special dance just for eighth graders. The eighth graders are required to take an elective class learning about manners, dancing, and all other social graces. When the class is over they hold a Cotillion in which the boys are paired up with a girl and they spend the evening using all the social graces they have been practicing over the last few months.

Tyler HATES to have his picture taken but he was a good sport and let me take a few of him all dressed up in his finest.

First he had to prepare by adjusting his jacket.



Then he gave me the obligatory "Hurry up and take the picture" look.
Then he started very quickly with the "I've really had enough of this" looks.



Then he threatened to leave without me so I had to stop.
He had a good time and I'm sure it was a nice change from all the doctor appointments he's had lately.

Now, just so I don't get in trouble for not giving equal time to my kids, here's a picture of Garrett's team on opening day during the parade. My kids the big one.
Go Yankee's! There off to a great start with two wins and one loss. I love watching that kid play.





Labels: ,


  posted at 10:04 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Anita Ann said...

I just cam e across your blog. I have never had kidney stones, but gall stones, they are killer...I imagine the pain is similar.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

I'm glad he was feeling well enough to have a night out! I'm with him on the photo business...I hate having mine taken too! (probably has something to do with a sis who is a photog!)

I'm looking forward to watching my nephew and niece play ball in a week or so! Hopefully I'll manage to squeeze in a game or two before delivery day!! Good luck to your little man and his team this season!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Tyler is such the guy!!Give him a few more years and he'll be posing with a cutie on his arm!!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I'm glad he's feeling better! And FUN pictures! One year my son got on the Little League "Yankees" team and you can imagine how depressed our New England boy was, LOL.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

My boys would have never practiced social graces...in a suit...with a girl. Tyler rocks! He looks great. Tell him your blog fans are thankful he allowed a few photos for our viewing pleasure.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

What a handsome young man you have there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: