Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Well, Hi There
I wanted to pop in real quick and just say Hi. I thought life would slow down a little this week, but alas, it has not.

The carnival was a huge success but it has taken me a couple of days to recuperate. I feel like I just want to go lay on a beach for a few days. I really don't know why others feel this is so unreasonable?

Anyway, life has been busy again this week with science fair projects needing to be completed, baseball games, and trying to clean up my house so you can actually walk through the front door.

Tyler (14) hasn't been feeling very well and the doctor thinks he may have a kidney stone. Prayers would be appreciated. They have done all kinds of tests and we are waiting for results hopefully today.

Lastly, many of you may have heard about the ridiculous decision passed down last week by one of the courts in California declaring home schooling to be illegal. The courts in California are known to be some of the most liberal in this country and once again they are trying to take away a parents right to raise THEIR children the way they chose.

We are not a homeschooling family but I take great offense to a court telling me I can or can't do something for my own children. If you feel the same way will you please click here and sign the petition to get this decision over turned?

I think most of us agree that as parents we should have the right to make decisions we feel are best for our children and family without the government sticking its neck into our business. This decision really infuriates me.

Well, now that I have said hello and let off some steam I must pack up to go to the laundry mat. My dryer decided to go on strike and I must have a dozen loads that need to be washed.

Don't you wish you were me?

Here's a pic of Paige the other day. Laying by the pool with her nose in a book.

My dream come true. I can't wait for summer.

Labels:


  posted at 8:43 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 10:47 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I hadn't heard that about CA and homeschooling. How ridiculous.

I have had kidney stones before so I know how painful they can be. I hope that this gets all figured out and resolved.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I love the literal "nose in a book." LOL

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Melody said...

The whole illegal homeschooling thing has been big news amongst all my homeschool email lists here in Texas. I think we have the absolute best homeschooling laws in the country, and I really hope it stays that way!

And you know I have the kidney stones too. I'll pray for your boy! I have some information for you. If you want it, we can email :)

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger LISA said...

I'm glad you didn't forget about us!! Time off and all...JK
I hope Tyler is doing better!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm praying for Tyler. Let us know what you find out. Ouch.

No fair. We still have snow on the ground. I wish I could be poolside with my nose in a book!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Finally!!!! She got to wear her swimsuit outside!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: