Tuesday, March 25, 2008
A Day In The Life
Yesterday I figured out that for the next few months Tuesdays are going to be very busy days. We seem to have a lot of activities on Tuesday, which I actually really enjoy, it just makes for a really crazy busy day.

About six months ago I figured out (I know I am a slow learner) that I needed to try and get the kids activities all on the same days. This prevents me from having to leave the house every day and just makes one or two crazy days a week. I have been much happier with this schedule.

Here's what today looks like:

11:00 a.m. Paige to swimming lessons
3:00 p.m. Zach-Baseball game at High School
5:30 p.m. Samantha-90 minute tennis lesson
6:00 p.m. Tyler-Wrestling practice until 8:00
7:00 p.m. Garrett-Little League Game

We will all meet back at home around 9:30 to decompress and talk about the day.

Well, I'm off to do some laundry and pick up before we have to start our wild and crazy day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night I was putting Paige in bed and she was not cooperating. We had a conversation that went like this.

Me: You really need to settle down and try to get to sleep.
Paige: OK, mom.
Me (a few moments later): Paige, you are really being a stinker. Go to sleep.
Paige: Moooooom, I not a stinker. My name Paige.

I wanted to share this with you not only because it makes me smile but because my little girl is finally talking. I have shared before that she has some developmental and speech delays. We were told by a Neurologist that most likely she was Autistic, and then my wonderful speech therapist sister in law came in and said the guy was a quack and she is absolutely not Autistic. She has been going to therapy for several months now (the therapy the Neurologist told us would not work) and she has been starting to talk in two to four word sentences. This is such an answer to prayer. She has come such a long way and we are really encouraged by her progress.

I just wanted to let you guys know. Many of you have prayed for Paige and your kindness has meant so much to me. All my blog friends have blessed me more than I could ever truly let you know. Have a great Tuesday my friends.

Labels: ,


  posted at 8:08 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Paige! And, way to go to you too Mom for sticking with it and finding what works for your child!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger LISA said...

She's just been holdin' back to make sure we notice how cute she is!!Hmmm,PAIGE ...we knew that a long time ago!!!
Really Julie,glad you have found something that helps.
YOU my friend,have a VERY busy schedule!!

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

How wonderful that Paige is adding on to her speech abilities. Praying that it continues and that you all are blessed!

Julie-your schedule makes me faint ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Yay for the gift of words!
I try to schedule all my errands and kid's things on one day, too, so I know that I can have one whole day at home! That's got to be the best solution....only because I haven't found another one ;0)

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Katherine@Raising Five said...

Wow, that's a crazy day!

I am so thankful you got a "second opinion" from someone who loves and wants the best for Paige. How exciting to see her progress! Thanking God with you!

Love,
Katherine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: