Sunday, March 02, 2008
Taking A Little Break

This next week Garrett (9) and Paige (4) start their break from school. The other kids all still have school but the two that are on a year round schedule are off until the end of March. Are you confused yet? Yeah, me to.

Anyways, my days will be filled with keeping them entertained while at the same time trying to put the finishing touches on the Little League opening day carnival which is next Saturday the 8th.

Well, putting the finishing touches on it might be an understatement. I actually haven't done a whole lot yet. I am doing the same games as last year so basically just need to find everything and get it organized. This is actually a huge step for me. Usually I would have been worrying about this for over a month. I'm getting better at putting things in perspective.

This past week we did get an answer from Ethiopia and we will be allowed to adopt two children four or younger. We put on our application one or two. We decided to let God be in control. If we are meant to adopt two we will get two. If not we will adopt one. We are OK with both choices.

So, things are finally moving along again and their is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. I am so very very excited. I can't wait to meet the new little addition(s) to our family and hold them in my arms.

Because this next week is going to be so busy getting ready for the weekend and entertaining my two youngest (I promised them a trip to Disneyland) I am going to take a little bloggy break.

I will be back next week with lots of stories to tell and pictures to share.

Have a great week my friends.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 2:26 AM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

YEAH!!! for Ethiopia :) I can't wait to meet the new member(s) of the family.

Have a super week, get some rest and oh yeah - do the Jungle Cruise for me, would ya?

After practically growing up at the park, it's been 10 years and I'm in total, utter withdrawal.

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I hope you have a good week. That is great news about the adoption process moving along.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I hope you get alot done this week, and the carnival is a HUGE success. :) Enjoy Disneyland. I can't imagine being able to make a day trip out of it. We live so far away from amusement parks that those are vacations for us.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Have a wonderful time & be safe.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Congrats on that news of being able to adopt two!

have a great time at Disneyland :)

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

Congratulations on your news from Ethiopia!!! Have a fabulous week with your little ones!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Crissybug said...

Can't wait to hear all about the fun you had during your 'break'. I am jealous you are going to Disneyland! I have been wanting to go for awhile, but it just hasn't been in our cards! Have a blast!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Melody said...

Congratulations on the adoption go-ahead! Be sure to post lots of pictures when the new kids arrive!

Baseball is in full swing here as well, so I guess we'll be swapping ball game stories for the next two months!

Have a great break and enjoy Disney!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Two--I am so excited for you. Have a good break and have a blast at Disneyland. I'll be looking forward to your update on the carnival.

Blessings.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great break! My kids would love to tag along with you to Disneyland. We are hoping to go there next year (we went in 2006). Since we did a big Disney trip to Flordia last fall, my hubby has declared this the year of no Disney, but the kids are still wishing! :)

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Wow, it's really happening! Can't wait to "meet" them.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Don't Mess With Mommy said...

Good news! Looking forward to keeping up with your adoption story. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: