Thursday, February 28, 2008
My Mind....It Is A Leav'in Me
Overheard in the Car;

Me: Is today a minimum day?

Samantha: Yes.

Me: Will you get out at 11:15 or 11:45?

Samantha: I'm not sure.

Me: Can you please call me and let me know.

Samantha: No, Mom, I Cant. I don't have my phone with me.

Me: Why don't you have your phone. Your Dad and I got you that phone so you could call us when we needed you to. I'm not very happy with with you this morning.

Samantha: (very calmly) Mom, I don't have my phone because you took it way from me. Remember?

Me: Umm, oh yeah. Sorry.

I think I am seriously losing my mind. It is so full of so much stuff I think it is rebelling on me.

Yesterday I couldn't remember which of the kids I had taken the computer away from for talking to me disrespectfully. I remembered the moment, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember which child it was.

This morning Paige comes into the kitchen and tells me Blue's Clues is over. Hmm. It can't be over yet I think. I go to investigate and their is no picture on the TV. I call the cable company who nicely tells me they turned our cable off. I forgot to pay the bill.

This was one of the few bills I don't have on auto pay. I took care of that this morning.

Hopefully, the electricity won't be going off in the next few hours. American Idol is on tonight and I will be really upset if I miss that.

Hmmm.

I'm off to make sure I didn't forget anything else. Geeez.

Labels:


  posted at 9:42 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 10:46 AM, Blogger missy said...

Oh my goodness, I know exactly what you're going through with those bills. We went to online bill paying with any bill that would allow us, which is great, but I keep forgetting the ones that still need mailed in!! So far we've been lucky not to have anything turned off, but only because they usually give me a 'courtesy' call first. :)

Oh, and I lost my mind a LOOONG time ago!!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Maybe you need a white board for tracking groundings :)

I've learned to pay everything on the 3rd- regardless of when it's due- or else we'd be homeless :)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Crissybug said...

Seriously...I think being a mom really fries the brain! I only have two, and can't seem to keep things straight!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger LISA said...

If you'd only forgotten to pay the water bill,instead of the cable.......LOL!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Oh dear! I wonder if there is a punishment organizer for larger families. You could be an entrepreneur and start a new company!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Cakes said...

hilarious.
I'm constantly forgetting to enforce punishments. An organizer is a great idea! LOL!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

that is so funny!!! :) I have to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one who experiences this. So, did you give her phone back to her for the morning?
I've started paying my bills in one sitting so that I make sure I pay everything. Then I put the date to mail in where the stamp will cover it up. I thought I was doing good until I got a late notice from the gas company today. Gosh, I hope they don't cut my gas off--it's cold here :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: