Friday, July 13, 2007
Why Do We Fight The Path That God Has Layed Before Us?
God has chosen a new path for our family. A path he put on my heart over two decades ago. A path that will change our lives.

I can see uncertainty in my husbands eyes at times. The same uncertainty that I have, at times, let creep into my soul. Perhaps it is not uncertainty as much as a fear of change.

However, God is always there to reassure me. Julie, you are doing the right thing. I have been preparing you for this for many years. Speaking to your heart and opening doors for you. Why are you doubting me?

Why is it so hard to listen? Why is it so hard to leave your comfort zone even when you know God is telling you to?

This thing he is asking us to do is exciting and fills my heart with joy. Our children are excited, the younger ones speaking of our journey with enthusiasm on a regular basis.

Down deep I know why I doubt. It is the others. The others we will have to tell of our plans. Those who will not understand, think we are crazy, and question every decision our family is making.

I was laying in bed early this morning thinking about all these things when I opened my Bible and this is what I saw written in the side notes next to Luke 2.

Faith is the one area of our lives where growing up means we must grow to be more like a child, trusting simply in the goodness and complete knowledge of a Father who has our best interests at heart.
Colleen Townsend Evans


Dave and I are excited about this journey. A journey we have only accepted after much prayer and consideration. A journey we are embarking on because we do not want to miss the great blessings God surly has in store for us.

I will tell you all about the details of our journey next week.

Until then please pray for our family that we will have the courage to step out in Faith and do this thing that God surly does have planned for us.

Have a great weekend.

Labels:


  posted at 8:51 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Military Mommy said...

Sounds exciting friend!

I will certainly be praying and can't wait to hear what God has in store for your sweet family. : )

Hugs!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I'm all teary over this! I will be praying courage in the face of questions for you and your family. There is a great cloud of witnesses cheering on your act of faith. :)

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

I completely understand! We've been called away from the "norm" and into territory that gets not only attention, but negative attention. Its hard, and not just the attention is hard, but having faith and trusting God can be hard. But trusting myself over God? Well I just had to realize that is worse! Because I can't see behind me clearly and I can't see in front of me at all! God can, and does, and knows, and LOVES.
So, we continue even without our own families support, and everything works out to our good and God's glory, making it easier to trust and rest in Him every day.
For us it is our fertility, and now I even look forward to more and more blessings! I eagerly await what God has in store for us next!
The decision to follow is the hardest! I can't wait to hear more details! I get so excited when God calls someone to stretch outside of their own comfort zone and out of the norm of society. I added you to my list of blogs so I would remember to read you every day, and I'm so glad I did because I don't want to miss this.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Lori said...

If it is God led, you are on an exciting journey my friend. Praying for you =)

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Oh, Julie that sounds so exciting. I pray that God will make His path clear for you family and that you will find the strength to follow Him.

Blessings to you and yours.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Lisa Spence said...

How God loves a heart willing to say YES, no matter the question!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I'm in so much suspense!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: