Monday, August 03, 2009
On A Lighter Note.............
I have spent the last three days trying to get organized for school which we plan to start on the 17th. My 10th grade son is none to happy that he will be starting school on his 16th birthday. I told him not to worry, I hear his teacher is super nice and will make it a special day for him anyways. hee hee hee.

Samantha, of course, has been bemoaning her lack of a social life since I took her out of "regular school" last year.

Just for fun lets review her activities over the past few days.

Last Monday we returned from a trip to the mountains and she quickly packed for a two night trip with a friends family up to the lake. She left Tuesday, hence, missing our home school beach day where all of her friends moaned and complained that she was not there. She came home Thursday afternoon and then was quickly picked up by another friend to spend the evening at Knotts Berry Farm riding on crazy rides and giggling with a new set of friends. She gets home after midnight, sleeps til one in the afternoon, and then immediately starts getting ready for youth group which starts at 6:00p.m.. Leaves for youth group and then calls at 9:00 wanting to know if she can go to the 10:30 showing of Harry Potter at the IMAX theatre. Some of the parents are taking them. Sure I say. She arrives home at 1:30 a.m..

The next day as she is catching up on her chores she starts bemoaning the fact that I have ruined her social life with this new homeschooling lifestyle. Let me add that this complaint only seems to come out at chore time. Not sure why that is.

My poor unsocialized home schooling 8th grader. I will pray you make a few friends here in the next few weeks so you won't have to sit around the house all day feeling bored......oh brother!

Overall, I think our first year of homeschooling went great. Garrett is really excited to start again as is Paige, the other two are teenagers and that is all I am going to say about that.

I had a moment of sadness when I came across some materials I had bought for Ayele and Kasanesh for next year. We did write a letter to our agency requesting they get our children back for us as a result of all the successful court cases last week. I don't expect to hear anything for a few days. Please keep this in your prayers.

I'm off to plan some more. I figure it will take me about another week and then I should be organized and ready to go. Let the learning begin!!!!

Labels: ,


  posted at 10:00 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

My birthday is always the day we come back from christmas break. At our house, you get to stay in your PJs on your birthday but teenage boy vs. sweet little 6 year old in a nightgown.......the visual is not faring well for me. Can't help but picture my 16 year old nephew when he gets up in the mornings. :)Maybe something different?

And yes. POOR Samantha! :)

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Luanne said...

I just got caught up on your blog. SOOOO sorry for the news about your referral and your children. May peace continue to be with you and the children as God works out His plan.

You area a blessed mother with a huge heart!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

In spite of some hurdles, it sounds like you had an excellent homeschooling experience and I'm so glad that you are enthusiastic for next year! We, too, are in the planning process and, even though my teens have been homeschooled since very young, they can still be reluctant students. It's not unusual, but it's worth it!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Julie,
I have been praying for you. I can't tell you how much my heart breaks for you. Did I tell you that we lost a referral too? I was so in love with little Sonali, and still think about her today. I wonder where she is, who she ended up with, and if she's happy and loved. It hurts more than my miscarriages, probably because I had seen her beautiful face. God does have a plan in all this. Lean on Him and trust in Him! I wish I could come and give you a big hug. "Turn your eyes upon Jesus,Look full in His wonderful face,And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace."

Blessings my blogging friend, and may you have a wonderful school year!
Michelle

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger jolincountry said...

Wow, just 2 days now till starting school. I hope it all goes smoothly for everyone!
LOL at the 8th grader's drama. We get that alot too. Must be the age :)

Deanna

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Stopping in to let you know you are on my heart. How are you doing dear friend?

Not sure when we will *officially* start. We've been doing math all summer, with a few other subjects. With all the rain we had in CT, it seemed normal to just get school stuff checked off.

I did go buy a carosel of crayons for the wee ones to share and a new container of 100 skinny magic markers to add to our school supplies. I need to get an armful of erasers, as we seem to never have enough (well, they are a snack for our 125 pound Silly Bunter).

big hug
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: