Saturday, August 29, 2009
The Long Over Due Update..........
Hello Friends.

I am sorry I have left you hanging for so long about what is going on with us. To be honest I just didn't want to look at the blog. My feelings have been so raw that when I started to write something my emotions would just overwhelm me. I just needed to take a break from everything that was going on.

However, I am here to tell you that God is good and he has worked everything out according to his perfect plans.

When I last posted I told you we were going to try and get our agency to reconsider their decision to return our children to their original orphanage. After many conference calls and much research we all determined that the outcome we wanted was just not meant to be. However, we did discover that the children had been returned to their father as their was not room at their original orphanage they were returned to. This stunned us as well as our agency.

It is our belief that this father did not want to give up his children but was forced to due to the death of his wife and his extreme poverty. He was thrilled to see them again and it warms my heart to know that the children were able to be reunited with their father. Our agency is helping us find a way to sponsor the children so the father will not be forced to relinquish them again. We are thrilled to still be able to be a part of their lives and equally thrilled they have been reunited with their living biological parent.

Perhaps this was God's plan all along. All I know is that after all of the details came out I finally had peace. I could let them go. Will you please pray that we are able to sponsor this family so they can stay together and the children can go to school? As of yet the details have not been worked out completely but I have faith they will be.

We are back to waiting for another referral and my heart is wide open and ready. I am hoping and praying our wait will not be to long.

While all of this was going on we have been enjoying summer. The pool the beach and the slip and slide have all been our friends.

Garrett and Paige had a great time on the slip and slide.





We started school on the 16th of August and I am glad to have that two weeks under my belt. Homeschooling four kids from Kindergarten to 10th grade is a lot different than last year when I only had two in 4th and 7th grade. I am going to do a post soon about how we homeschool and why. I truly believe it was the best decision for OUR FAMILY we have ever made, however, I am in no way saying you have to home school your kids or you are some kind of Satan loving sinner. We had a great experience with the public schools in our area until the last few years. For right now, this is the best decision for us.

I'll be back now. Come and visit me and I will catch up with all of you. I am feeling the need for a blog redesign. Do any of you know of a good person or site for me to get this done at???

I'm off to urgent care right now. The 110 heat along with the smog has caused me to have a flare up of my very mild asthma. I can't breathe and my inhaler is expired. I really really hate that feeling.

I'll be back soon.

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:35 AM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

First off, I am SO excited to hear the update. Thank you so much!
\
As far as redesign- Jules at www.everydaymommy.net is my bet! She has done mine and several others and is a miracle worker is getting you what you want!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Oh Julie I love your heart to want to sponser them. What a beautiful offering before our God.

Jules from Everyday Mommy...does great work. She did my header for me...She also helped me put the email link up and helped me to get a gmail account for my blog (Okay, I was clueless). I highly recommend her...and she is an adoptive mom too!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks Kelli and Kimmy. I will contact her.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger beBOLDjen said...

Hi Julie, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've just read through your ordeal and am encouraged by your faithfulness. I look forward to following along on the rest of your journey.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Thanks for the update, I had thought of you. God is good, sometimes it is not our plans or desires but praise God he knows what is best for each one of us. I will pray you are able to sponsor this family.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Raquel said...

Glad you are back and all is going well!

i love Jo-Lynne at musings of a housewife she did my blog and i hope to get a redesign soon and will use her again.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I've been wondering/worrying about you! Glad that things are working out - not the way we had hoped but obviously that isn't up to us! :)

I hope that you can find a way to sponser this family. Any chance you would be allowed to visit them when you do travel?

Oh, and about the asthma. Be sure that you take an inhaler to Addis with you. I have very mild asthma too but the smog is SO bad there and then you have to account for the high altitude which makes it a little harder to breathe too. It wasn't bad (I did not take an inhaler) but I did feel constricted most of the time. Then again, that could have just been all the emotions too! :)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger missy said...

What an amazing turn of events! I'm so happy to hear what God is doing through you and in the life of those children. :)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Thanks for this heartfelt update and I am certainly looking forward to the posts on homeschooling you are promising.

Thinking of your family!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. I'm sooooo behind in my blog reading - we've had a crazy few weeks and this is the first "routined" week I've gotten. I am loving it. Nap time blog reading and writing for me again :)

Glad to hear that you are on track for another referral. And that there is support available for the bio dad for the kids - will pray it works to be their sponsors.

can't wait to keep up and see what god has next :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: