Friday, December 26, 2008
New Traditions
Three years ago we had a quiet Christmas and just my niece and her family were coming over later in the day. She called me before they came over, and we both were sharing how tired we were and how we just wanted to climb into our jammie's. She quickly said why don't we come over in our pajama's and you guys go put yours on.

We did, and a tradition was born.



The following year we decided that everyone would wear pajama's to Christmas dinner. Most of the family thought we were crazy and did not participate in our kooky idea, our two families however, thought it was a fantastic idea.


Yesterday we had a large crowd (around 20 people) for Christmas dinner. We told everyone to wear their pajama's again.


This time everyone did.



We snuggled with our loved ones.

We played our new computer games on the computer.
The teenagers played games on their new x-box while lying around in jammies wrapped in blankets.


We ate yummy food (aunt Cheryl didn't get the message that she was suppose to wear pj's, we're sorry Aunt Cheryl).

The guys carved turkey in their pj's.

We did play-doh in our pj's.



Hubby even went for a run before everyone got here with his cute Santa hat on his head.



We had a great day. Very relaxed.

Everyone is already talking about what pajama's we should wear next year.

I think this is a tradition that will definitely stick.

  posted at 9:15 AM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 10:22 AM, Blogger babbler said...

I think the pajamas are great! Poor Aunt Cheryl, next year someone needs to buy her a nice fluffy set of flannel pajamas! I was going to sty in my pajamas yesterday....but I didn't. Happy Holidays! From Mrs. Slug in Oregon

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh Julie, I love your tradition! I may have to suggest that for our family gathering next Christmas! :)

I started a Christmas tradition with my son when he was born 4 years ago and now we did it for Boo too.

I purchase soft fleece jammies and matching slippers (usually from The Children's Place) and I wrap them up and stick them under the tree. After mass, the kids get to open that present and they wear their new jammies to bed and then stay in them most of the day on Christmas Day. My son has really gotten to where he looks forward to seeing what new jammies he'll get! Boo seemed to enjoy hers to!

Today I went out shopping and found some jammies on sale that I think will work for next year (I bought them big). Hooray!

I got 2 new pairs of jammies for myself too. :)

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Missy said...

I wore jammies all day yesterday, too! With company over! But my youngest and I were the only ones...who cares!? I was sooo comfy!! Sounds like a great holiday!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I love it! I'm all about being comfortable on Christmas!!! :)

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger holly said...

our tradition? going to the empty wal-mart parking lot and letting the kids "drive" the car around. the younger ones sit on daddy's lap and steer, but the 15 year old actually drove this year. We considered it driver's ed. our 17 year old has been driving for a year now, so he isn't thrilled with this any more. The others really look forward to this silly tradition every single year. And, it's totally safe, because at any time, daddy can take over the wheel, and he goes slow, and there are no cars anywhere. (just in case someone gets concerned LOL)

oh, and i just found a blog that you may like...not sure if you have already found her. http://imminent-chaos.blogspot.com

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Raquel said...

we always wear our jammies on Christmas all day! well i wear my jammies most days =) but yesterday when my family came over some were in there pj's too! love it!

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Fun!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Looks like fun to me!
Happy Holidays!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

How fun. There's nothing more relaxing than just sitting around in your PJ's!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

We have a tradition of getting new pajamas on Christmas Eve so everyone can lounge around Christmas morning in new pj's. We've never worn them to dinner...it sounds very inviting.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger elizabeth said...

I think this is a great idea and will suggest it next year when we all start doing the planning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: