Friday, December 12, 2008
School? What School?
Monday morning we did school for a couple of hours and then the kids helped me clean the house for a while.


If I had known how the rest of the week was going to go I would have done school all day long.

I have to laugh at the perception of some of those who don't home school that our kids aren't socialized enough.

Well, I am here to tell you that my kids are over socialized. WE NEED TO STOP SOCIALIZING AND GET SOME MORE WORK DONE.




Samantha (in red) at the Christmas party with friends.



The members of our home school group seem to take the month of December off from school. They all start school in August. No one told me about this. lol. We started in September when we thought we were suppose to.


My children have been blessed by being warmly included in this group of wonderful children. The thing is, I had planned on doing school through the middle of next week. Yesterday I surrendered to the fact that not much school was going to happen for a while (that is book learning school I mean). There are just to many fun things going on we can't miss out on. The phone just wont stop ringing.
Paige doing a craft at the party.

We had a basketball activity and the kids school Christmas party this week. Yesterday morning I was getting their daily work organized for them when hubby called and said "You remember about my work Christmas party today, right"? Umm, yes, yes I do.



They made these cute little nativity snow globes.



So I ran off to get dressed and make myself look acceptable. Samantha asked if she could curl my hair on the hot rollers and I was thrilled to let her. I touched up my nail polish and put on makeup while she did that. The only thing is, I think she used the little rollers and my hair turned out looking like a really bad Afro. I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't like it so I went to his party (where I only see these people once a year) with bad hair.

While I was gone the kids taught Paige how to play Chutes-n-Ladders. Then Samantha took some of the clothes that no longer fit her and made clothes for Jo Jo out of them. She didn't know how to sew, but she taught herself while I was gone. The little shirts are so cute, I will post some pictures tomorrow. We are going to have a fashion show today of all her new wardrobe



The boys playing basketball. Garrett is in the red shirt and black shorts.


So, see, I told myself. They might not have had a lot of formal schooling this week, but they are learning to teach each other and learn independently. We had a great week of schooling after all.

Labels:


  posted at 7:09 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 10:47 AM, Blogger missy said...

All the pics of the kids in shorts and t-shirts are KILLING me! I'm watching it snow right now and it is so stinking cold to go along with that. Enjoy!!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I know, Missy, it has been really warm here. Yesterday it was 85, however we have been told a cold front is moving in. It will be in the 60's this weekend. I know all you Northern people are laughing at us.

Julie

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Tell me! We had to cut some social stuff out this year so we could just STAY HOME one day a week!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Jess said...

WOW, I want warm weather!!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, your group sounds SO awesome! I envy you that! I think homeschooling during Christmas time is pretty much a losing battle, but I must, unlike you lucky ones, we are mostly stuck indoors due to bad weather and they get a little crazy for something to do. Don't worry about taking the time off, though -- learning happens all the time.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Kristina said...

This year, I decided to schedule December off. I am so glad I did! We have had something sceduled every day this month. I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off. My kids asked me, "Can we just stay home for one day?" on Sunday. So, we did. It was really nice.

I, too, am jealous of that warmth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: