Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Catching Up
I was watching Samantha today with her little dog Jo Jo that she loves so much. She is such a good mommy to that dog. I must now confess that I figured she would lose interest and the dog would become my responsibility. This could not be farther from the truth.

Samantha sets her alarm at night so she can get up early to let Jo Jo out to go to the bathroom. She cleans up any messes her little doggy might make and diligently bathes and brushes her. They are really sweet together.

I was watching her today as she bathed off Jo Jo's muddy paws in the kitchen sink. She looked like a young mom. She was still in her pj's (just like her mom most days) and was wearing my old pink slippers. The sight really made me chuckle.

I realized also today that I never shared Jo Jo's Halloween costume with you. However, before I unveil the queen bee in our household I should probably show you the other kids also.


Garrett was our football player, Paige was sooo excited to be Little Red Riding Hood (one of her favorite books right now) and Samantha was Strawberry Shortcake. As you can see Jo Jo was a fairy princess. She was the hit of the party at church. The older boys were running around somewhere (now to old they feel to dress up) however I do remember them bringing us food at some point. That was very nice.
Here is Samantha with her sweet little baby. Jo Jo weighs 5lbs now and is getting a little tummy on her. Hard to believe as when we brought her home at 9 weeks from her mama she weighed all of 9 oz's. I'll never forget having to get up every two hours to feed her so she wouldn't go into a hypoglycemic shock. Those were the days!
Just like all the other children in our family, she refused to wear her hat but for only a minute. The little girls in our house don't seem to like them very much.



Watching Samantha with her little dog I can truly see what a loving and nurturing mommy she will be one day. It really is so much fun to watch.



Garrett is now requesting a snake when he turns 12. Somehow that doesn't make me feel quite as warm and cozy inside.

Labels: ,


  posted at 3:08 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 6:18 PM, Blogger jolincountry said...

What a cute bunch of kids! Love JoJo's hat! LOL
Hey, check out my blog today, you are mentioned :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: