Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Another Reason I Love Home Schooling
Yes, my love for home schooling just keeps growing.

While Samantha and Garrett are happily sleeping away I am fighting with my teenagers to get up and get ready for school. I have heard their alarm go off twice, but still no movement.

I have run up the stairs three times already to remind them that IT IS TIME TO GET UP. None of our kids are morning people, no matter what time they go to bed. It is 6:30 a.m. and I am already exhausted from this ritual we seem to have to play out each morning.

On my next trip up the stairs I will be spraying cold water on them to force them out of bed. Yes, I am that mean.

Is their seriously a reason that 1st period has to start at 7:36? Haven't those in charge heard that teens really aren't fond of the early morning hours?

Well, at least it forces me to get up and get some stuff done before the other kids roll out of bed around 8:30.

On another note; Here are Samantha and Garrett doing an experiment on flight. They each built two different airplanes with different body styles to see which one was more conducive to flight.

Launching their aircraft.



Fixing a broken nose on one of the planes.


Working together to measure the distance.

Samantha's scientific speculation sheet. Don't you just love all the hearts on it?

Calculating data in her head.

Now if only my older boys could use this same work together attitude to get out of the house on time in the morning.


I've offered to home school them but the look of horror on their faces pretty much gives away their true feeling in this area.


I have been diligently praying that Tyler would change his mind. We have a private Christian school near bye that has a home school program for High Schoolers. They can take a few classes at the school and do the rest at home. They can also participate in all the sports and other activities the school offers. I thought this might be a good compromise for him. He didn't seem totally opposed to the idea so I am praying hard that we can go with this option next year.


My heart would be singing for joy if I only had one more school year at their current High School. The reasons I dislike it so will have to wait for another day as it will be a VERY LONG POST.


Have a good day my friends, I'm off to throw water at some unsuspecting teens.

Labels: ,


  posted at 6:56 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun project! My son wants me to start homeschooling him on March 20. That is the day of the first grade program. He REALLY doesn't want to be in the program. :)

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

I'm with ya - every story the boys tell me becomes one more mental tally on the con side of continuing public school. It's not the schedule thing so much for us as it is the 'stuff' they pick up around the tables at lunch and in the hallways.

Do you know, my son told me once that he has to walk with his eyes at or above shoulder level to avoid seeing things he knows his eyes shouldn't see on members of the fairer (looser?!) sex at his school?! Cringe. I don't think he knows about my mental tally sheet!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Looks like fun!

I hate our High School...and since my second oldest has been in it, I have more and more reasons why I want to homeschool the rest for the duration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: