Sunday, December 07, 2008
The Wheels On The Bus Go Round And Round......
We have had a busy three days with no blog reading or posting. I am going through some major withdrawals. I'm not really sure when I became so connected to all my blog buddies but I obviously have. I couldn't wait to get up this morning and check in on a few of you to see what you have been up to. Also, if I haven't visited you in a few weeks please don't be offended. I told you a while back that my charger broke on my laptop, well, I still have not replaced it. All of the blogs I like to read are saved on that computer so I am having to find all of you by memory. Have I mentioned lately I don't have a very good memory? Anyway, if you aren't normally a commenter please leave me one today, that way I can find my way back to you.

I have good news for all of you. The economy isn't nearly as bad as we have all been told. How might I know this you ask?

Well, we have out of town guests from Colorado and we went to Disneyland on Friday. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO DISNEYLAND WHEN THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE! We had twelve people in our group (from our family it was just me and two of our kids) and we literally had to have the first person hold up one of those light up swords so we could all follow behind. Without that we would have lost each other many many times. Cell phones also came in very handy. Main Street was so packed that you COULD NOT MOVE. I am not exaggerating. It was awful. I really think they went over there maximum capacity for the day. It seemed a little dangerous.

Of course, me with my wild imagination was thinking to myself that this would be a perfect opportunity for a terrorist attack. What better way to strike fear into the American people than to attack a large crowd at the Happiest Place on Earth?

Disneyland has a no fly zone over their airspace, I assume just so this won't happen. So, when about 9:30 p.m. when I heard a plane overhead I will admit to a mild moment of fear. It was a large jet and I have no idea why it was there. My cousin and I looked at each other with the same thought at the same moment, and I had a little bit of sadness over that later, that these are the realities of the time we live in today.

Yesterday we went to Palm Springs for more family fun and today after church we are headed back to Disneyland.

The wheels on our bus keep moving along. There will be time for rest another day.

Labels:


  posted at 9:04 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Workship said...

Sounds like you're busy!! and having some fun while you've got company. Making memories. :-)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Did you ever find out why the plane flew over? Sounds like a fun time otherwise. :)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Melanie,

No, we never figured out why the plane was their. It flew over really quickly and then turned to go back where it came from. Maybe it strayed off course, we really have no idea.

Have a blessed day,
Julie

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Wish I lived close enough for day trips to Disney. We went to Disney World the same week that "Shock and Awe" happened in Iraq. It was my first time flying and I was PETRIFIED. We had to get to the Orlando airport almost 4 hours early because of the extra security during that time. Did I mention that it was spring break, too? I know what kind of crowds you are talking about. Luckily the year before when we went, there was nobody there the week we picked. Can't wait until Mari is old enough to get the Disney experience!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: