Saturday, June 21, 2008
I'm Cookin Eggs On The Hood Of My Car
Hot does not seem like a strong enough word to describe the weather that has descended upon us the last few days. As I type this we are hovering some where around 112 degrees.
Garrett made the 9/10 year old All Star Team this season. He is one of only three 9 year olds on this team so we are very proud of him.
His team had a scrimmage game against the 11 year old team this morning at 8:00 a.m.. When I left the house for the game my car thermometer was reading 86 degrees. Dang. When it is 86 that early in the morning you know you really shouldn't be going outside.

The game ended around 11:00 and we were all VERY ready to go home and sit in our nice air conditioned houses.

Garrett is playing right field. He usually catches or plays first base on his regular season team. His Dad has tried to explain to him that he is one of the younger kids and he came from a lower division than 10 of the other kids on the team. Because of this he most likely will not be a starter and will be playing the outfield. It is an honor for him to be on this team and he should take this year to learn from the older and more experienced players.

He obviously did not completely understand this little talk as I heard him have this conversation with the head coach a few days ago.

Garrett: Coach John, perhaps you were not aware but I usually play an
infield position.


Coach John: Yes, Garrett, I know. I think you have been doing a great job.
(coach trying not to show the little smile that wants to creep across his
face).

My son does not give up easily. I'm sure this is a trait that will serve him well in life. The kid never ceases to put a smile on my face. I feel so blessed to be his mom.

I will leave you with pictures of another child that I feel so blessed to call my own. I bought her some new sand for her sandbox and she and her dog have been playing out there for hours each day this week.



I'm off now to go jump in the pool. Have a great weekend!

p.s. Zach called me last night from Florida. He sounded great and was obviously having a great time. They played there first game at 11:00 this morning but I still havn't heard if they won or not.

  posted at 1:23 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 4:19 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

It must be hot to play in the sand like that.
Sounds like some good things going on.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Virginia Revoir said...

It's been 112 degrees where I'm at too! ARgh! I hate it. I have a zoo membership for a year but I'm gonna hold off taking my kids till it cools off. So it won't be for awhile!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

I am so with you on the summer heat...it is nearly unbearable and it really just started!!!
Yuck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: