Sunday, June 01, 2008
The Creature From The Black Lagoon
When my oldest daughter was 4 years old I was so happy that she was content to sit and look at books or color. After having two boys ahead of her who were always on the move it was a nice change to have a calm little girl. The boys would be racing around the house with their trucks and cars, or outside making creations with mud and dirt, but my little girl....she liked to stay clean.

Fast forward three years and we had another beautiful baby girl. I was so happy to see this sweet thing. Her older brother had been born a few years before so I was back to having a little boy race around the house with his trains and trucks. Now, I must add that I love my boys. I love watching them play with their toys. Its just that.....sometimes it is nice to have a little quite play and I had found that my daughter was much better at this than my sons.

That theory lasted about as long as it took our youngest daughter to walk. She didn't want girlie things. She liked the boys trucks and trains. She wanted to run around outside and in and make messes and lots of noise.

Her older sister was not amused. She didn't need another shaggy haired varmint running around her house. She needed a sibling with some class and sophistication.

It was not to be.

This four year old loves all things dirty.

Where we live in California it gets very hot in the summer. I bought the dog a little pool of her very own so she could lay in it to keep cool and also have a large supply of water to drink at all times.

Paige loves this pool. She loves to put mud in it and then swim around in all its mucky yuckyness to the disgust of the rest of the family.

Doesn't this look fun?







Do you think she needs a bath?

After frolicking around in the muddy sludge until she has had enough she always immediately announces that she needs a bath.

This is a huge relief to her older sister.

She may like to get muddy and gross looking like the boys. But the girl. She still likes to get clean and pretty when its all over with.

Here they are playing dress up together after one such clean up. Sorry for the blurry picture. They were racing downstairs for the fashion show.


She even has a dramatic flare.


So, I guess you could say this little girl is the best of both worlds. A little bit girlie and a little bit tom-boy, and so so much fun.


Labels: , ,


  posted at 8:59 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Wellllllll ... aren't mudbaths supposed to be good for the skin or something like that? LOL

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Kimmie said...

A mud pool? Just when I thought I have heard of everything...! What a good mom you are. Do you spray her off before she comes in? I'm just thinking what a muddy, dripping, oozing mess that could be going up the stairs to the bathroom (in our house).

Too cute and definitely well rounded!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I have never seen a mud pool before! :)

She is cute both ways.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger LISA said...

I'm a mud puddle girl myself!
Paige is such a cutie!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

My 15 1/2 year old foster daughter is like this. She loves to follow my 3 year old son around and do all the boy things with him. She's even more fascinated with bugs than he is. But on the other hand she's happy to let me fix her hair and wear dresses and bows too. :) I love girly tomboy girls! :)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Mom to many said...

OH mY Mudness! You are such a brave Mommy to let her do this. I would be freaking out a bit - yes, I must remember kids do wash right up. Great pics.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

My deprived kids don't get a mud pool. They just play in the mud puddles in our driveway after a heavy rain. What a mess!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, you are a tolerant mother! LOL. Great pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: