Thursday, May 29, 2008
A Few Weeks In Pictures
My wonderful oldest daughter turned 12 last month. Here she is with one of her best friends, getting ready to blow out the candles.

We went to my niece Jessica's wedding a few months ago. Here are all the kids outside the church. It was a hot day and Paige wasn't looking very happy.
The older boys left there jackets on for this photo and then off they came for the rest of the day. I can't blame them, it was really blazing hot that day.
There were bubbles on each table at the reception and Paige quickly grabbed some and started blowing. This is her innocent look. She was hoping I wasn't noticing how she was taking the bubbles off of ALL the tables.
Zachary had his Baseball Awards Banquet last night. I can't believe he only has two more years of high school. I have let the kids know that they can go to college up to two hours away and THAT IS IT. I think they assume I am kidding. I am not.
Now, I am going to be brave and actually show you a picture of myself. I hate to have my picture taken because I really need to lose 40 pounds. When I see the photo I always ask myself "Who is that person"? and am then shocked to realize it is actually me.

Are you ready? Here it is......Samantha and I getting ready to leave for American Idol.


In case you can't tell, I'm the chubby one on the right. Don't you love Samantha's shades (and Paige's art work on the wall next to us)?

I keep thinking I really need to work on losing weight before we go to Ethiopia. I don't want our new kids to be shocked by there new mama's chubbiness. This picture makes me a little more motivated. Nothing like sharing your inner feelings with the entire blogisphere to really get the motivational juices flowing.

Well, I must go now. The family is watching Survivorman and he is teaching us how to survey if stranded in the desert. I don't want to miss him eating the live scorpion. They just look oh so yummy. Really. I mean it.


Labels: , ,


  posted at 7:32 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 8:42 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Oh Julie!! The last part of your blog cracks me up!I look at my pics i post of me,and i'm like,ewww!!I have gained weight with this "paper pregnancy" My daughter took me grocery shopping the other night,for "healthy" foods.We've ate out every night since!LOL!
I LOVE Samantha's blue and brown dress! It is so cute!!
I think Zachary should go to college at Pittsburg State University!!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

your youngest daughter looks SO much like mine..

and i would love for you to be my neighbor, too...

who else can understand all my baseball craziness? :)

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger missy said...

Love all the pictures! Also, for some strange reason I always pictured you with dark hair, no idea why. I'm the same way with pictures, there are very few of me in existence and even fewer on my blog!!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger LISA said...

And, one more thing Julie...you are beautiful inside and out! We've emailed long enough that i can say you have such a wonderful heart!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I love your blog. I haven't really had time to sent mine up. Yours is so creative!I will see you soon, and good luck tomorrow against the Dodgers.

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pictures!!!!

I know what you mean about pics. I don't know how I can look at myself everyday but be surprised when I see a picture. How can that happen????

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I think you look great!

Your oldest daughter looks very grown up!

Isn't it funny how most bloggers don't like to post pictures of themselves?

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Just so you know, I delete any and all photos that show the 'real' me. I feel better that way. I am working on the weight loss thing. Hopefully in a few more months I won't have to delete 98% of my photos anymore.

You look beautiful! And Samantha looks like she should be on Idol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: